Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BTW

The restaurant's name is Chinatown Brasserie. It's on Lafayette and Great Jones. 5000 gallon Koi pond in the lounge and it opens next week.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Superfund, on fifth ave between 40th and 41st has a FOSW tank - think I saw some corals in the window, but didn't go in..

This could be an awesome idea for a restauraunt - my friend went to one like it in Japan... you sit in a small boat (could seat 8) in the middle of a large pond in the middle of the restauraunt. It was stocked w/ fish - you sat and caught your meal (and everyone did - or else you could order)- then the waiter would gut it out of sight and then cut up the fish on your table! Fresh sashimi!!! He said it was really cool - when you went inside you went through a dungeon like maze that was supposed to look like a ninja lair or something - and they had cute waitresses that were dressed like ninjas (it was actually called Ninja from what I remember...) cheesy, but I like the fishing idea...

Zoous

Real Estate and Reefs
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Sahara on Coney Island Ave. in Brooklyn has a nurse shark in one of the tanks there. The food is pretty good there too. I recommend getting the chicken chops if you ever get the chance.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Zoous said:
Sahara on Coney Island Ave. in Brooklyn has a nurse shark in one of the tanks there. The food is pretty good there too. I recommend getting the chicken chops if you ever get the chance.

What are chicken chops?

RareZ

Azad
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
No, I think their Beiti Kabab is better. Not sure of the correct spelling. all othe other food wasn't that great.

There's another new one that opened up called "Bermuda" Same on Coney Island Ave. When I drove by I saw a fish tank as well.. I think I've seen some yellow tangs and other stuff there. Diddn't go close or inside it to find out.

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
There is this Japanese Habachi (did I spell that right?) Restaurant in Bay Ridge Brooklyn that I went to during restaurant week, think the name was something like ARIKIWANA or something like that (by the strip of car dealerships). They had a pretty decent sized tank, but it looked pretty lame b/c they only stocked it with a few fish (lionfish, grouper, etc..) and some dead coral skeletons. The food was great though! If you go as a group of about 6-8 you'll have a much better time. The Chefs cook the food in front of you and are hilarious.......

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
michael stern said:
For any of our Kosher friends, Prime Grill, a Kosher steak house on the east side, has a decend FO system. Probably 300 gallons., a good steaks

So Michael, I wouldn't be able to get a shake with that steak? :biggrin: :kidding:

My poor bubbi would turn in her grave :sad2:

swimmer

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I remember going to this place on the west side called the Coral Room, it was a lounge club with a couple of tanks and one huge tank behind the bar, girls dressed as mermaids swam around in it, for a while, I can't remember what kind of fish cause i wasn't into the hobby, but I think i remember some tangs.

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
worthless.gif

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is this taiwanese resturant near flushing mall that has a nice 180 gal acrylic tank but its all fresh water. The best Saltwater display I have seen is at Duvet, its not coral but its filled with jellyfish its def something to see. I havent seen a lot of reef tanks around NY except in the bloomburg building. i will have to check out this metsuyan you speak of

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: