ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Does anyone know of a plumbing supply store in NYC. I need a 3/4" Male Threaded Adapter and a 1" to 3/4" reducer slip x slip.

I can get it from us plastics or savko but it won't arrive it time for this weekend.

I can wait for the shipment but if anyone knows of a plumbing store then I'll pick up these fittings so I can change out my pump this weekend.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Loews in brooklyn has a pretty good PVC plumbing department (they are right on the Gowanus) take the F train to smith and 9th street stop and your right there.

michael stern

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
I've used an outfit called Mcmaster Carr.

www.mcmaster.com

If you order before 6:00, they ship UPS ground same day, and you'll have it tomorrow. They don't have aquarium specific items (i.e. bulkheads) or flex pvc, but they have a great selection of all other things.

I have used them many many times.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
ECFENCING said:
Thx Aaron. The Lowes by me in Orangeburg NY doesn't have such a good supply but it might be worth calling and finding out. I'll check HD as well.

Ernie,

I believe New World Aquarium carries them. Give them a call first thought before heading over. They are on 38th street and 3rd avenue i believe.

Yeah, Lowes and Home depot carries them.

mdk888

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yeah, I'm trying to avoid the 7 dollar s/h fee ordering online and I checked HD near me, they dont seem to carry those sizes. That's why if you find it somewhere let me know ;)

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I'm going to try Lowes tomorrow night by my house. Did you try HD in Manhattan because I was thinking of stopping there if it's not too far. I think it's on the west side though.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
mdk I should be getting the 1" to 3/4" reducer in the mail next week from US Plastics. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff from them to do the gate valve mod for my asm g2. So if you want to meet up next week I can give it to you.

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have both of the pieces in my basement in brooklyn!

Lowes in brooklyn has a kick ass parts selection (can you say full union ball valves!) You do have to look around and pick through the muck to get what you want sometimes.

B

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Seems like Lowes in general has a better supply of plumbing parts at least for aquarium needs than HD does but it probably varies by location.

Bad coffee excuse my ignorance on the subject but what's the difference between true union valves and regular union valves? I should do a quick google search or mr search.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
ECFENCING said:
Seems like Lowes in general has a better supply of plumbing parts at least for aquarium needs than HD does but it probably varies by location.

Bad coffee excuse my ignorance on the subject but what's the difference between true union valves and regular union valves? I should do a quick google search or mr search.

I also like Lowe's selection of pvc parts better than HD. Unfortunately I have an HD close by and have to travel to Lowe's.

The difference between a true union ball valve and a regular union valve (actually never really heard it referred to that way before), would be that the true union ball valve has a union fitting on both sides of the ball valve. The regular union? would have a union on only one side of the ball valve. And then there's the ball valve that has no union at all just a slip or threaded end.

HTH,
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: