KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks guys! :)

No more clowns..I have a pair in my cube tank..will only allow wrasses into the 120 ...well maybe a female Mandarin ;)

Will get up more pics in the next few days, actually dug out my tripod... yippee!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It was suggested to me that in honor of my 5,000th post..that I should post more pics..thought that was an excellent idea. Too bad my 1st set of lights went off right as that decision was made.

Tried really hard to get a pic of the new pink & white anenome...and failed, so I will try again tomorrow for those along with the pics of the new green one with the orange tips..soooo pretty! :)

I took these with my Olympus Stylus underwater camera..

P1180101.jpg

P1180097-1.jpg

P1180091-1.jpg

This last pic was taken a couple of weeks ago with my Canon...you can see that pink/white anonome hiding in the back..I need to convince it to stay up near the front of the tank...somehow! lol
IMG_5652trimmed.jpg

Thanks for looking! ;)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks Vince...they are insanely happy...tells you where my nutrient level is ..lol

It's actually an anenome. I also thought it was a Yuma when I first saw it..but the foot gives it away.
I think I need a bigger tank.
Again..lol :spin:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
very nice kathy, what kind of xenias are those? they look very blue, is it just the lighting on pulsing xenias?
thanks :) that was due to the lighting as half of my T5's had already gone off when I took the pic. I have 3 different varieties of Xenia, the ones in this pic are the white/pinkish pumping ones.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks gals & guys :)

David..you are always welcome to come by and please bring your violin, want to see if my fish love hearing at as much as yours do! ..and me too!!

Wanted to get some pics up as I'd done the lights off for 3 days thing to battle some cyano that I couldn't get a fast enough grip on through ramping up my GFO changes and water changes.
I also changed skimmers within the past couple of weeks from my MRC2 (moved that to my 33 cube where it's producing copious amounts of skimmate..woo-hoo!) and went with a ASM G3 this time. (thx Mike!)
When I had the MRC on this tank it was plumbed to be an external skimmer that was in the room next to my office (will see if I can dig out a pic of it and add it here).
Found one..it is now plumbed the same way onto my 33 cube but using an Iwaki instead of the Gen X pump
P4230180_359x480.jpg

I had a heck of a time installing the G3 as I had to cut down a baffle in the sump (while it was running!) to get the proper water level for the skimmer to sit in. All worked out well and will get some pics up after I get all of the old PVC pipes put of the stand :eek: - have to move my desk to do that :(
Anyway...aside from the new skimmer, the biggest difference I noted was my tank temp dropped a full 3 degrees from the difference in pumps between the 2 skimmers. The MRC was powered by a Gen X-55. Almost hard to believe an external pump added that much heat. I have had - for the first time - to add a heater to the 120.

A few new pics..

Blue spotted jawfish (Opistognathus rosenblatti). This guy is like that Whack-a-mole game, you never know where he is going to pop up..lol He currently has 4 'doors' to his burrow right at the front of the tank, this one being in a rock I didn't expect he could get inside of..
IMG_7027.jpg

Sanjays efflatounaria that I picked up from Josh..it's growing like crazy :splitspin
IMG_7044.jpg

..and a FTS
IMG_6991a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
niice! did you add more sand or did it get a good cleaning with the lights out experiment?

Nah, the sand was mostly free of cyano before..I had siphoned whatever was there out and blew the rest into the water column..where it settled onto the rocks :sigh:..so it was from the rocks that I had to get it to vanish. It was like spitting into the wind...lol

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: