Status
Not open for further replies.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Small update to the list, the following stores have closed.
Fishy Inc.
146 West Main Street
Bay Shore, NY11706
(631) 665-7500

Mega Pets
369 South Oyster Bay Road
Plainview, NY11803
(516) 932-7676

Animal Tailz
4080 Hempstead Turnpike
Bethpage, NY 11714
(516) 520-0040

divedeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals LI

Just an update on corals at Pets Warehouse they re did their coral system and have a new guy managing it.

Over 100 frags at $18

See RC

Russ

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Small update to the list, the following stores have closed.
Fishy Inc.
146 West Main Street
Bay Shore, NY11706
(631) 665-7500

Actually Fishy Inc. moved..he didn't close.
He's still in Bayshore but moved over to Fifth Ave. He's not too far north of Montauk Hwy on the left hand side (Fifth Ave is a one way heading north), next to a barber shop. Small store but gets some interesting fish in.

Must agree about Pets Warehouse in Copaigue..a huge improvement with the frags tanks. Much cleaner and more organized and they're finally putting all that space to use.
The cube tanks they're talking about on the link is where they moved all the inverts to and finally sorted them out. The big flat tank where the inverts used to be is where they are keeping all the new frags they added.
A couple of weeks ago he got a great acan in with a sign 'going to frag soon'..I forgot to call to find out if he fragged it but I'd bet the frags are gone by now..it was nice!
Good to see what they've done and looking forward to more progress. Wish he would improve his dry goods as they're usually low or out of stock.

Fish selection is always interesting, some good finds.

____

Not in Nassau but not far away either..The Shaggy Dog Inn (Beach 116th St. between Rockaway Beach Blvd & the ocean in Rockaway) is finally setting up a couple of SW tanks, possibly adding an entire SW room (already has very good selection of FW fish (especially Africans) & supplies, turtles & cat/dog stuff & grooming). He's going to start off slowly with fish only.

Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Actually Fishy Inc. moved..he didn't close.
He's still in Bayshore but moved over to Fifth Ave. He's not too far north of Montauk Hwy on the left hand side (Fifth Ave is a one way heading north), next to a barber shop. Small store but gets some interesting fish in.

Must agree about Pets Warehouse in Copaigue..a huge improvement with the frags tanks. Much cleaner and more organized and they're finally putting all that space to use.
The cube tanks they're talking about on the link is where they moved all the inverts to and finally sorted them out. The big flat tank where the inverts used to be is where they are keeping all the new frags they added.
A couple of weeks ago he got a great acan in with a sign 'going to frag soon'..I forgot to call to find out if he fragged it but I'd bet the frags are gone by now..it was nice!
Good to see what they've done and looking forward to more progress. Wish he would improve his dry goods as they're usually low or out of stock.

Fish selection is always interesting, some good finds.

____

Not in Nassau but not far away either..The Shaggy Dog Inn (Beach 116th St. between Rockaway Beach Blvd & the ocean in Rockaway) is finally setting up a couple of SW tanks, possibly adding an entire SW room (already has very good selection of FW fish (especially Africans) & supplies, turtles & cat/dog stuff & grooming). He's going to start off slowly with fish only.

Fishy inc is now closed. They shut down just after Christmas. It just got to slow and Les wanted out.

damien

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
new aquarium

new shop just opening in deer park fish only. puts btjs,petwarehouse and blows them out the box nice sit up cheap as hell on fish and coarls check it out . its called tropical ilsand aquarium . adress is 2112deer park ave its in deer hill shopping center number is 631 6670795. hours 11:OO TO 9 M-SAT AND SUNDAY 12:00 TO 6:00 THIS GUY COULD GET U ANYTHING U WANT AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE .NO PETSHOP IN LONG ISLAND CAN'T BET HIS PRICE

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
GC fish and Reef in Centereach on Middle country road. IF you call information and ask for Grump Cycles in Centereach you can get there address and there phone number. The prices in this store is unreal. WAY better then Aqua Hut and even cheaper then Fish town usa. Fish are really nice and healthy and they have ZOA Rocks with well over 100 zoas on them for 25.00 each. All nice colors, Greens, reds, orange, yellows, and Pink. Really nice frag tank also. Frags are starting off at 9.99 to 25.99.
I have also been to the store in Deer park and it is a nice store as well. But as far as prices GC fish and reef blows them away.

Hope everyone gets to get out there.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
ive been to almost every LFS on the island and i still say petswarehouse has the healthiest and cleanest setups at the best prices.if you go there you need to see andy.he will hook you up and wont sell you anything he wouldnt put in his own setup.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have to say that I went yo PW last week and I think I was expecting to much.
The livestock looked healthy and they had some decent frags and corals. But the prices were not that good. And the dry goods section was almost bare and what was there was completly disorganized.

I have been to most shops on L.I. too. I have to say that my favorites so far are, and in this order

Total Aquarium, Price Selection and healthy livestock. Good Service

GC fish & reef, PRICE PRICE PRICE But know what you're looking for

Aqua hut, Price, But know wht you're looking for & QT Everything

ive been to almost every LFS on the island and i still say petswarehouse has the healthiest and cleanest setups at the best prices.if you go there you need to see andy.he will hook you up and wont sell you anything he wouldnt put in his own setup.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just this past weekend we stopped in at Magic Isle, we hadn't in some time, as it was eh... but they really have cleaned up their act over recent months. :) I was pleasantly surprised. We didn't pick anything up because we weren't really looking for anything specific. Though it looks like they are back on the up swing.

They have a lot more corals than they had in the past, minus the pests. ;) One of the kids that works there used to be an employee of CC,(nice guy) maybe that is the reason for the change, I hope it stays this way and continues to improve.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I recently stopped in the store and noticed some positive changes - the SW tanks were given a much needed cleanup, a small frag tank was added in front and they are carrying a whole line of reef specialty foods - oyster feast, rotifers, live pods, etc. - in a small fridge up front. Its worth a stop next time you're in the area, especially since they also have a nice FW section as well as other various pet supplies. I was chit chatting with the owner about it and he said that he knew it was a problem and he decided to finally decided to do something about it himself. Nice guy as are most of the employees there and some of them have knowledge about they sell as well.

divedeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently stopped in the store and noticed some positive changes - the SW tanks were given a much needed cleanup, a small frag tank was added in front and they are carrying a whole line of reef specialty foods - oyster feast, rotifers, live pods, etc. - in a small fridge up front. Its worth a stop next time you're in the area, especially since they also have a nice FW section as well as other various pet supplies. I was chit chatting with the owner about it and he said that he knew it was a problem and he decided to finally decided to do something about it himself. Nice guy as are most of the employees there and some of them have knowledge about they sell as well.

Yes I agree, the owner Joe is nice guy, worth a stop

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I met up with Micheal of Tropical Island Aquarium
Very nice guy. I was told he had the store for close to a year and I was suprised that with his good attitude and aggressive pricing, no one on the board is talking about it-now I see Long Island members like to hide the good stuff from NYC peeps. LOL

Very clean store. Too bad, I did not take any picture nor is the worker/owner of the store a camera guy. The tank for the fish is so clean that I think he just installed them. HAHAHAHAHA

Check out the Toka rock-they are great, lite, porus and branchy. I would say they are like 30% less dense than the Fiji. Seems excellent in filtering capabilites. The rainbow acans are great additions too, worth the trip even for a vendor like myself. Oh, almost forget to mention he would not brush off other vendors as long as you are genuine in checking out his stock. He's very nice.

2112 Deer Park Ave
Deer Park NY 11729

Close Monday

divedeeper

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never knew they existed, so it's not just the NYC people:shhh:

How big a store?

Homemade fish tank racks or commercial like Steves on Stienway

I'll stop in soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: