Status
Not open for further replies.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Tropical Showcase is on Old Country Road in Hicksville; it is approx. 1 mile east of the Wantagh Pkwy and approx. 2 miles west of Newbridge Rd (rt 106). It is on the north side of the street across from a school.

Thanks. I am heading there tomorrow.

Mike B

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lived in Lynbrook for 10 years, have driven by there 100 times and never knew they existed until a few weeks ago. They seem to have a nice selection.

NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was their yesterday, wasn't worth the trip. They had a descent selection of fish. Not much in the way of dry goods. I asked a worker for "frag glue" and he handed me aquarium sealant:ANYWORD:

NRA223

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes I have. The fishes are ok but they have no corals whatsoever.

I know this is the LI forum, but I recently went to "H20" on Queens BLVD.. They had a good selection of fish and a suprisingly great selection of corals, SPS, LPS. They had a couple of clams, but they were $200.00 and up.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
don't buy fish at suffolk reef, they run a slight amount of copper through their system, so if you buy a fish, it may die after a few months, trust me, copper is no joke when it come to fish's insides!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
don't buy fish at suffolk reef, they run a slight amount of copper through their system, so if you buy a fish, it may die after a few months, trust me, copper is no joke when it come to fish's insides!

Most LFS run copper or medication in their Fish only tanks. It doesn't effect the fish unless the levels are very high and then they will probably die at the store from it anyway. Once you get it home, and place it in your tank, it should be fine. just looks for burns on the fish from the copper.

On a side note, since most places do use copper in their Fish only tanks you shouldn't place a fish directly from the bag into a tank with invets or coral. Some of the copper or medication will enter into your tank. Though you some always quarantine your fish first anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: