Rating - 100%
45   0   0
How can anybody in business sell a sunburst for $35 when that fish wholsales for $33 is beyond me. Selling it for $60 as AV were selling them is still cheap but I guess if you move them they wont die in your tanks and take a loss. Guys remember cheap is always expensive at the end.

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Then why do his coral tanks look full of algy
Helpers spent time with 3 kids and a girl covering her nose cuz of the smell and could not just answe a question about price on coral in tank next to him
He did not have to move to see coral just was more concerned with kids looking at fish after they said they did not have a tank yet
Just did not get a good feeling there

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Ralph cuts out the whole seller aka the middle man he deals direct
He has held fish for me for a week and I have only had one issue with a fish I have bought and he took care of me
I don't care where you buy from I always say get to know all the people where you shop at workers up to owners it will only benefit you

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
How can anybody in business sell a sunburst for $35 when that fish wholsales for $33 is beyond me. Selling it for $60 as AV were selling them is still cheap but I guess if you move them they wont die in your tanks and take a loss. Guys remember cheap is always expensive at the end.

the sunburst wont die in your tank inless your tank is compatible for them. We have 1 sunburst and 4 borbonius anthias from max reef. there live stock is always good priced and didnt have a problem ever besides one time. Thats cause not all wholesale is 33$, when you buy bulk and a large amount you get it for cheaper, so lets say hes getting them for 10-15$ a piece he bought 20 of them, there all in other peoples tanks by the end of the day. Quick and easy and perfect stock.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
the sunburst wont die in your tank inless your tank is compatible for them. We have 1 sunburst and 4 borbonius anthias from max reef. there live stock is always good priced and didnt have a problem ever besides one time. Thats cause not all wholesale is 33$, when you buy bulk and a large amount you get it for cheaper, so lets say hes getting them for 10-15$ a piece he bought 20 of them, there all in other peoples tanks by the end of the day. Quick and easy and perfect stock.

Ill check them out this weekend. Nothing to loose. How is their sps section?

rstimeout

Rating - 98.8%
79   1   0
all I can say is at Pets Warehouse Sunrise Highway the prices were out of this world I am sorry clean but nuts
Aqua Hut was dirty disgusting never again
Caribbean blue aquarium was great place nice clean very healthy corals and fish a little pricey but I would go there again

rstimeout

Rating - 98.8%
79   1   0
I for got Country Critters was one of the nice stores years ago but I wouldn't go there any more it wasn't that clean it was the coral selection was good but it had a lot of dead corals that should be taking out of the tanks very large fish in small tanks wasn't happy to see that

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Rob you might be there more than me I will bet you know most if your info just by talking to Nelson
They don't keep secrets there they don't lead you in the wrong direction they are honest and just want you to leave happy then come back happy

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
no i never ask how much they get there stuff for. just ask prices. But yes i always talk to them and build relation ships with the employees so they dont only see me as a custie they see me as a friend as well. talking is key in this world without questions this world will be to ISH. if you no what i mean.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Funny I think the same about max reef then others think about pets that arent from around here. When I went to max reef they had typical corals that other stores out here probably pass on because no one is interested in dragon eye zoas anymore or green brains LOL. And there SPS are all maricultured acros that die in a years time. Show me a pic of Max reefs watermelon anemone? Show me max reefs ORA frags? I would love to see there sump room and how they acclimate there fish. Pets takes alot of time acclimating and keeping their fish as healthy as they could given the amount of livestock they get in and their filtration can be closely related to the way a public aquariums filtration is. All that costs money and if I have to pay a extra 20 bucks for a healthy fish OH WELL. If price makes up a great store in your mind then choose it good for you. All I know is I have been there and it didnt impress me at all.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
ask and you shall recieve. this anemone anywhere else would have sold 400$ easy money. as a inferno tip anemone. Max reef Sold it for 80$. this was last year.

just saying cause you said show a nice anemone. If you didnt relize that when you went in there. all the good stuff is gone in a matter of 1hour when they get tehre stock and open those doors at 12pm on sunday. If YOU SNOOZE you LOSE. gotta be there early to get all the good stuff. all there maricultured SPS does last, they dont only have crapy zoas, you just dont get there in time to get the really interesting ones. if you lived closer you would understand what they get in.

you dont think that AV bali shipment acros last more then a week in tehre systems? in pets wearhouse, they have a clean setup and kevin is on top of it. wasn't for him there shipments would be to crap as well. it takes a well maintained system to hold them. the live stock you see tehre at max reef is the ones that people wait for to drop in price cause its been there for 2 weeks. not trying to get my panties in a bunch but its a good store and you should go there on a sunday early in the morning and see what they get. im sure you'll state different after that.

they just had a ref carpet there 8"+ sucks a guy grabbed it before gab did. it went for 150$..... anywhere else $300+ to be all in all, its great store and people should stop thinking badly of it cause you guys go in late and get the left overs.

Attachments

• DSC05881.JPG
    DSC05881.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 185
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Funny I think the same about max reef then others think about pets that arent from around here. When I went to max reef they had typical corals that other stores out here probably pass on because no one is interested in dragon eye zoas anymore or green brains LOL. And there SPS are all maricultured acros that die in a years time. Show me a pic of Max reefs watermelon anemone? Show me max reefs ORA frags? I would love to see there sump room and how they acclimate there fish. Pets takes alot of time acclimating and keeping their fish as healthy as they could given the amount of livestock they get in and their filtration can be closely related to the way a public aquariums filtration is. All that costs money and if I have to pay a extra 20 bucks for a healthy fish OH WELL. If price makes up a great store in your mind then choose it good for you. All I know is I have been there and it didnt impress me at all.
Very well said duke. I have never been there so I can't give my opinion on the store but I can say that the corals from pet warehouse are top notch and there system and care speaks for itself.There are very few places that can keep Sps as colorfull as when they get them after couple weeks, pet warehouse does.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: