Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
How can anybody in business sell a sunburst for $35 when that fish wholsales for $33 is beyond me. Selling it for $60 as AV were selling them is still cheap but I guess if you move them they wont die in your tanks and take a loss. Guys remember cheap is always expensive at the end.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Then why do his coral tanks look full of algy
Helpers spent time with 3 kids and a girl covering her nose cuz of the smell and could not just answe a question about price on coral in tank next to him
He did not have to move to see coral just was more concerned with kids looking at fish after they said they did not have a tank yet
Just did not get a good feeling there
Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Reefer Ratings: (62 (100%)
Friends: (36)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl22 View Post
They have sunburst right now ? 35$?

i think so. Give them a ring tomorrow, see if they still have any in stock. i know tthere was some nice size ones in. there 30-40$ im pretty sure of that.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Ralph cuts out the whole seller aka the middle man he deals direct
He has held fish for me for a week and I have only had one issue with a fish I have bought and he took care of me
I don't care where you buy from I always say get to know all the people where you shop at workers up to owners it will only benefit you
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (62 (100%)
Friends: (36)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSI View Post
How can anybody in business sell a sunburst for $35 when that fish wholsales for $33 is beyond me. Selling it for $60 as AV were selling them is still cheap but I guess if you move them they wont die in your tanks and take a loss. Guys remember cheap is always expensive at the end.

the sunburst wont die in your tank inless your tank is compatible for them. We have 1 sunburst and 4 borbonius anthias from max reef. there live stock is always good priced and didnt have a problem ever besides one time. Thats cause not all wholesale is 33$, when you buy bulk and a large amount you get it for cheaper, so lets say hes getting them for 10-15$ a piece he bought 20 of them, there all in other peoples tanks by the end of the day. Quick and easy and perfect stock.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:34 PM
SPS KING
Reefer Ratings: (81 (99%)
Friends: (38)
Send a Private Message
Petland rules!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob&Gab View Post
the sunburst wont die in your tank inless your tank is compatible for them. We have 1 sunburst and 4 borbonius anthias from max reef. there live stock is always good priced and didnt have a problem ever besides one time. Thats cause not all wholesale is 33$, when you buy bulk and a large amount you get it for cheaper, so lets say hes getting them for 10-15$ a piece he bought 20 of them, there all in other peoples tanks by the end of the day. Quick and easy and perfect stock.
Ill check them out this weekend. Nothing to loose. How is their sps section?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Reefer Ratings: (54 (98%)
Friends: (16)
Send a Private Message
all I can say is at Pets Warehouse Sunrise Highway the prices were out of this world I am sorry clean but nuts
Aqua Hut was dirty disgusting never again
Caribbean blue aquarium was great place nice clean very healthy corals and fish a little pricey but I would go there again
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
Pets warehouse had a rbta they called ultra rainbow for 450.00 it was nice but 450.00 no way!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Reefer Ratings: (54 (98%)
Friends: (16)
Send a Private Message
I for got Country Critters was one of the nice stores years ago but I wouldn't go there any more it wasn't that clean it was the coral selection was good but it had a lot of dead corals that should be taking out of the tanks very large fish in small tanks wasn't happy to see that