Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Very well said duke. I have never been there so I can't give my opinion on the store but I can say that the corals from pet warehouse are top notch and there system and care speaks for itself.There are very few places that can keep Sps as colorfull as when they get them after couple weeks, pet warehouse does.

+1 pets wearhouse in copauige is the BOMB kev does those SPS justice and there doing really nice over there. we have quite a few frags from kevin all doing nice still colorful. just wish they were a little closer to go there everyday :P !

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Just make sure you DIP and then DIP again and cut the bases off of them maricultured cheepy's lol or you will be spending more money than its worth trying to get rid of the flatworm and red bugs ,and a year from now you will be wondering if it's even worth your time posting on the same type of thread to try convince someone they are headed for trouble and cheep does not always mean better.

At this point in time "If I have to explain you just wouldn't understand"
So I'm happy your happy with where you shop and may your reef be amazing just open your mind to protecting your glass box.

For me I would never step foot back in Max Reef.

shauns220

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
just make sure you dip and then dip again and cut the bases off of them maricultured cheepy's lol or you will be spending more money than its worth trying to get rid of the flatworm and red bugs ,and a year from now you will be wondering if it's even worth your time posting on the same type of thread to try convince so

for me i would never step foot back in max reef.

why ???????

carlpica

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should Dip all corals and remove their bases/plugs anyways. Cheap does not always mean worse either. Max Reef is my local LFS and just because they are INEXPENSIVE, doesn't mean their livestock is any less quality? The selection rivals any store I have been to on Long Island. Pet's Warehouse was probably better as far as selection, however, No one comes close in pricing. The same mariculture SPS at Max Reef will sell at any other LFS for twice the price IME. Right now they have some nice sized SPS colonies. If I had a big enough tank and enough $ I would be all over it. Never had any issues with anything I bought there.

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
What was negative
Unkept tanks
Over priced
Fats to any one who walk in store
Never said any one fish were sick or corals carring hitch hikers
I said basic facts upon appearance and my opinions from today
And another member on here who has 30 years experience in this hobby
Again not bashing stating my thoughts as a business owner myself maybe one of the owners will read it and look at their store and make a change if they feel its necessary or ingore my opinion like most people and my wife does
Nothing I said was a bash trying to insult personally attack a store just obversations from a hobbyist

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's why it's so good that everybody has his own opinion and should go and shop where ever they like. Say your opinion and reason. Every store will have something better than next . One place might be better in Fish and the other in coral. I would say the stores mention about have they steady customers. So basiclly we all have our strong feelings about our favorite LFS. Maybe LFS will improve with all the talk of lately. But for fish talking MAX Reefs out does ever store. Sorry but that's the truth. Health wise and price..There's no place can match it. For corals and frags I have yet to see besides a few online guys that have nice stuff. Stick to trend and give your opinion. It might help all of us....or better yet hobby"..

shauns220

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
that's why it's so good that everybody has his own opinion and should go and shop where ever they like. Say your opinion and reason. Every store will have something better than next . One place might be better in fish and the other in coral. I would say the stores mention about have they steady customers. So basiclly we all have our strong feelings about our favorite lfs. Maybe lfs will improve with all the talk of lately. But for fish talking max reefs out does ever store. Sorry but that's the truth. Health wise and price..there's no place can match it. For corals and frags i have yet to see besides a few online guys that have nice stuff. Stick to trend and give your opinion. It might help all of us....or better yet hobby"..

a++++++++++++++++

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
In order to keep this thread open, state your opinion and move on. Arguing will not be tolerated. Bashing will result in the thread being closed like almost every previous Long Island LFS thread.

Dave o_O

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Any one have pics inside MaxReefs? would like to see what all the fuss is about.

Also no one has talked about tropical island. I didnt have my wallet on me when i went there but man does he have nice stuff all around despite a small store

Also Ive learned to stop buying stuff from stores unless it one of those lovely impulse buys. you will never get a better deal than from a fellow reefer!

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
i have some pictures there a bit old maybe a few months but here they are.

DSC06827.JPG

DSC06828.JPG

DSC06831.JPG

DSC06832.JPG

DSC06833.JPG

DSC06834.JPG

Attachments

• DSC06835.JPG
    DSC06835.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC06839.JPG
    DSC06839.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC06840.JPG
    DSC06840.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC06841.JPG
    DSC06841.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC06842.JPG
    DSC06842.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC06843.JPG
    DSC06843.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC06846.JPG
    DSC06846.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC06847.JPG
    DSC06847.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 187

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: