Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of max reef service quality I travel over the TZ bridge to go I have 3 local stores I don't go to because they think they are selling 24 k gold
So today me and my brother in law went Long Island to see some other store these are my opinions only
1st we went Country Critters
Very clean
Live stock healthy
Workers were very helpful
Very big selection of corals from $10 frags and up to $$$
Prices were fair to high but still much higher than max reef
2nd stop Aqua Hut
Store was dirty
Not a great selection of livestock
Workers were not helpful
Coral tanks full of dead coral and algey ( I did cherry pick a nice birds nest for $40 ) wanted more but nothing looked that good
Prices on birds nest was cheap rest of stuff all seemed fair but again wouldn't and didn't buy anything else from there
3rd stop Carribian blue aquarium
Very clean
Very healthy livestock
Huge selection of coral
Great workers
Good prices
Best store of trip
4th stop Pets Warehouse Sunrise Hghwy
Very clean
Great selection of live stock
Great selection of coral
Asked one worker for a price of a rtba got one price 2nd guy gave me a higher price they would not honor first price
The reason for their great selection is their prices 3xs max reef almost double of other stored I went to today my jaw dropped when I saw prices
5 th back to max reef
Clean
All live stock healthy
Great selection of corals
Workers all greats
Best prices on everything

I read people loving these LI stores it's earth the trip to max you will save the tolls on one purchase there
It was nice to see other stores but it made me realize I have it good semi local
I was upset that I wasted my day to see these other stores well not a waste but should have put gas money and tolls into another purchase at max

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I used to do what you did. Sometimes it's a hit or miss. But when you realize the money you spent on gas and toll. You get to appreciate your favorite LFS. But sometimes you need to calburate yourself.

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
ohhh!!! not worth the drive for me. aquarium village is good , total isnt bad and walking distance from me

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
ohhh!!! not worth the drive for me. aquarium village is good , total isnt bad and walking distance from me

LOL your nuts for saying its not worth the drive. AV, not to be mean has nothing on max reef. There livestock/Corals mainly are like half dead and still sell for full price, Max reef gets shipments a few times a week all fresh stock mainly fish. Sometimes corals will sit but not long enough for them to die, if they are not doing good in the tanks Ralph the owner price reduces it to move them out and put them to a better home.

i was at AV a few weeks ago asked about a scoly that was not doing good at all they told me a crazy price... i was like okay nvm. But this is not a Bashing match, just wanted to let you know that AV has nothing on Max reef on live stock Nor Tank sales.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0

Sunburst fish at AV = 100$ after tax

Sunburst fish at Max Reef = 30-35$- 40$ after tax.

to me thats a huge difference, also blood shrimp at AV i think is highly priced, as well as half there other stuff, But still go there only for certain things. Point is you gotta know your stores for certain things.

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0

ok so i guess i am taking a drive up there lol

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0

ok so i guess i am taking a drive up there lol

every other sunday is LPS softies and the other 2 sundays are SPS either Aussie mostly on tuesdays, and the other is Bali and some other stuff. Dont no when there inverts come in.

BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i havent been to aquarium village in about a month. total aquarium is in lynbrook on sunrise hwy nice new location. i have never had a problem with the fish there some of them can be a bit pricey but as i said i can walk there

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Stop at Aqua Hut on a Thursday night/Friday morning. That's when he gets his shipments in. And there is a reason the stock is almost gone by Sunday. You don't stay in business for 31 years, without a phone if you don't know what you're doing or carry good stock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: