Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This is no surprise but seems a little sudden Chef...... Normally there would be a wicked fire sale.

Like Kathy said theyre a chain store and have locations all over. The last thing on that places mind was keeping livestock healthy, so I imagine theyll just ship everything to another one of their stores and charge their insane prices for them somewhere else in the country + their cost of shiping of course lol.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I have never been there either but always heard the prices were outrageous so I figured why waste my time? I just go out there for wal mart and the good restaurants. Cozy Mel's is the ABSOLUTE BEST. Just an all around great mexican restaurant, so authentic they got their chef straight from mexico! Prices are good,drinks are awesome. Sorry to go off topic but if anyone wants to atleast get some good food if you do decide to waste your time going to this terrible store it's behind the mall next to chile's. NO I DO NOT work for them just offering some friendly advice and it's more worth it to talk about this restaurant than this crappy store! LOL

I'm sure even if their stuff was 50% off it's still 1000% more than what it should cost or you'd be willing to pay for it anyway.

You like mels? I had a meal there with a chick and I thought it was horrible. I definately wont be goin there again. Nothing seemed to have any flavor unless you doused it with hot sauce. Also wasnt fond of their sour cream that they add lime to. Gave it an off flavor to my pallet and unless you caught it on the menu in the description youd have no idea. You can order regular with no lime but eeh just didnt like the place.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
you're crazy Jimmy I have been going there I think since it opened definitely atleast 10 years or so probably more. I never had a bad dish ever the margaritas are huge and off the hook. The sampler is great I usually eat it as a meal lol. Fajitas are great there's a lot of good stuff. Tableside guacamole is friggin phenominal best guac I ever had by FAR. I brought people from Staten Island there who don't like mexican food and hate guacamole and I turned them. Everytime they come down here they want to go there lol. Anyway we're gettin off topic here so just pm me I'm curious to see what you ordered.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
There is a new Lfs around the corner from Aquarium Adventure that is in the process of ramping up.
It's called Village Aquarium. It's directly across Old Country Rd from PFChangs in the former Fortunoff mall.
So far they seem to have heaps of potential. The owner can custom build a whole setup from tank to sump and LEDs.
Definitely check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
you're crazy Jimmy I have been going there I think since it opened definitely atleast 10 years or so probably more. I never had a bad dish ever the margaritas are huge and off the hook. The sampler is great I usually eat it as a meal lol. Fajitas are great there's a lot of good stuff. Tableside guacamole is friggin phenominal best guac I ever had by FAR. I brought people from Staten Island there who don't like mexican food and hate guacamole and I turned them. Everytime they come down here they want to go there lol. Anyway we're gettin off topic here so just pm me I'm curious to see what you ordered.

Well I had the mexican spring rolls, forgot the name of them- very greasy and no flavor

Had a taco salad- no flavor except for the meat the shell was bland

was about 2 in the afternoon

The soda was good.

you want to think Im crazy think it- but the food the day I went was not anything to think about writing home about.

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Cozymels is great!

And AA was the first "reef" store I went to, after Fishtown.... and those are both the only reason I didn't get into reefing any sooner - the prices scared me. Then I stumbled upon MR haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The rumor floating around the industry is that they are closing, but nothing is 100% confirmed as far as I know. They are a franchise but the parent company Petland (no relation to the Petland here in the tristate area) only had 2 or 3 other Adventure locations in Ohio and I know they had to close down one of them several years ago and I heard they had closed the flagship store a little while later but I don't know for sure. I'm not going to air anyone's dirty laundry here because it isn't anyone's business but I will say that they were not victims of the economy and most of us on this side of the hobby were surprised it took this long if in fact the rumors are true.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I believe its true lfs-- after reading it I called the number- they said on a recording for service call this number --- ---- for all other matters call 1-800-221 ---- some number---- It went to their east coast HQ. Before it would be the normal youve reached us after normal business hours call tomorrow.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have never been there either but always heard the prices were outrageous so I figured why waste my time? I just go out there for wal mart and the good restaurants. Cozy Mel's is the ABSOLUTE BEST. Just an all around great mexican restaurant, so authentic they got their chef straight from mexico! Prices are good,drinks are awesome. Sorry to go off topic but if anyone wants to atleast get some good food if you do decide to waste your time going to this terrible store it's behind the mall next to chile's. NO I DO NOT work for them just offering some friendly advice and it's more worth it to talk about this restaurant than this crappy store! LOL

I'm sure even if their stuff was 50% off it's still 1000% more than what it should cost or you'd be willing to pay for it anyway.

I have never been to Cozy Mels, although I live literally 3 minutes from there. I thought it ws a chain rest.
But if you like Mexican food & Margaritas. Might I suggest Besito. Roslyn/Huntington.
Best mexican food I have ever eaten. By Far.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Besito is AWESOME. I live around the corner from the Huntington location and might I suggest the tortilla chip appetizer with the chihuahua cheese and chili, etc. I might have to get that to go tomorrow. It will make you poop blue but it's so worth it.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Aquarium Adventure is actually part of a chain store. I think I once heard they were headquartered out in the Midwest. I'd also heard a while back they were going to close this location down.

What a lucky coincidence that that other new store is opening so very nearby. Hmm..coincidence or not...:scratch:

You are correct Kathy, they have stores in Illinois and Ohio. Actually, I've been to their two other stores, both are in Chicagoland area and they are 10000 times better (pricewise and in terms of livestock health) that the one in Long Island, which seriously puzzles me. I know that rent is higher in Nassau than in Illinois, but I doubt it's so much more expensive to run a store in LI so there's no excuse for the ridiculous prices.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Jimmy, that place has been teetering on the edge for so long, I'm not writing the obituary until there's a sign on the door. For now, it's just a rumor from a reliable source, in my world.

I agree- I bought my first tank from them a 29G biocube and started it on their advice wha wha whaaaaaaaa failure!

Im gonna have to try Besito this weekend. Anyone up for goin? Gonna give it a shot, we can drink margaritas and trade frags LOL

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Besito is AWESOME. I live around the corner from the Huntington location and might I suggest the tortilla chip appetizer with the chihuahua cheese and chili, etc. I might have to get that to go tomorrow. It will make you poop blue but it's so worth it.

NICE!! I always wanted to poop blue--- I can take apicture and worry all my long distance friends, have them donate to help pay for the surgery and buy frags with the mulah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: