Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
What a suprise. With those prices and stellar customer service I would have thought they would be there forever.
I heard this news from another LFS. I imagine it is true.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
again beerfish is it bad service or is the economy?? like i said in ice cap thread with the economy these day u never know its suck that all lfs are going down these days

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
again beerfish is it bad service or is the economy?? like i said in ice cap thread with the economy these day u never know its suck that all lfs are going down these days

I'm not beerfish. But if you ever shopped in this store. I think you would agree that the economy had nothing to do with it.
Mushroom rocks cost $99 and a coris wrasse (juv.) could run you $125
If the economy was the problem. The first step may have been charging a fair price.
I mean I have seen live rock in there for $17.99 a #

I think the charged for aiptasia!!!!!!!!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Aquarium Adventure is actually part of a chain store. I think I once heard they were headquartered out in the Midwest. I'd also heard a while back they were going to close this location down.

What a lucky coincidence that that other new store is opening so very nearby. Hmm..coincidence or not...:scratch:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i never been there so i dont know what there prices were but ive seen alot of good stores go under and mean really good stores in nice locations that was there for years and y poeple just dont have money like that anymore and if they do there holding on to it so is it bad service or bad times???? but if there prices was like that then good for them that they are going out of bizz

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah that store is ridiculous with their prices. I went in there a while ago lookin for a flame angel and a diamond goby and the guy said he was gonna cut me a deal and give me both fish for $180. I laughed in his face and walked out and never went back!

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
I was in the area Sunday, decided to swing by...they had a 50% all livestock going on for the past two weekends...otherwise nothing seemed to show they were closing down.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I went there for the first time two weeks ago. I couldn't believe stores like that still existed. Brown mushrooms for $100? Petco has better livestock. Captive audience I guess.

There is a fortune to be made for someone running a GOOD and FUN hobbyist centric shop in the middle of LI. No one can seem to get it right.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I have never been there either but always heard the prices were outrageous so I figured why waste my time? I just go out there for wal mart and the good restaurants. Cozy Mel's is the ABSOLUTE BEST. Just an all around great mexican restaurant, so authentic they got their chef straight from mexico! Prices are good,drinks are awesome. Sorry to go off topic but if anyone wants to atleast get some good food if you do decide to waste your time going to this terrible store it's behind the mall next to chile's. NO I DO NOT work for them just offering some friendly advice and it's more worth it to talk about this restaurant than this crappy store! LOL

I'm sure even if their stuff was 50% off it's still 1000% more than what it should cost or you'd be willing to pay for it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: