Status
Not open for further replies.

ramz28

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
im new to this whole thing, jsut found AA a few weeks ago, i was there on sat taking a look at the high prices. the guy in there told me to go to village aquarium. I have used fishtown as well but heard rumors that they mistreat alot of the fish. and over medicate on copper

Last edited:

fallenlordz

Cant hear you under Water
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Went to AA the first week it opened LOL (seemed nice in the beginning, but after the years - it started to get worst every time I went)

Now its closed :fish:. The prices were pretty high I must say.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Someone just sent me the official flyer ..

on Sunday 12/19 at 9:30 AM they are having an complete liquidation/auction there.
Preview & registration for the auction is at 8AM same day

It sounds like pretty much everything in the building including livestock and all of the tank.

It says the info is on the website:
www.collarcityauctions.com

Maybe Jarrett can buy the big shark, along with the tank :fish:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I agree.. Mutts & Butts tanks look like butt.. and not the good kind.

I disagree. Mutts and Butts tank are old, but not Butt imo. Keep in mind. This place has been open for like 30 yrs.
I was there about a week ago, maybe 2 and it looked much better than it has for the last 2 yrs.
Coincidently I ran into a very knowlegable reefer working in the fish dept.
He used to work at another store that has since gone downhill since he left.

Too many baby's---baby.... A. Powers

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
LOL, my wife will kill me if i bring home one more tank
PS Mutts and Butts has turned around since Jared been there,he his realy showing more ORA
keep it up

I dk... I was there about 2-3 weeks ago, gf needed to pick something up quick for the doggy... and I checked out the "fish room".. looked like crap, really reminded me of Fishtown quality... buncha tanks had zombie looking fish, some completely dead.. the frag/coral tank covered in all kinda nuisance algae and whatever else. Just really did not look appealing.

I will say though they had this nice large cube tank, with I think the low-iron glass. But nothing was for sale from that tank. Plus not to mention the prices are pretty up there.

tenMann2

y is it floating?
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
waste of time and money! Better to auction and be done with it.
how would that be? when you liquidate/auction off items. they will go for less then your actual cost, sometimes for 10-20% of the actual cost. I mean its great for us to find stuff for a steal. But if its a bank takeover then I guess everything becomes property of the bank.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
how would that be? when you liquidate/auction off items. they will go for less then your actual cost, sometimes for 10-20% of the actual cost. I mean its great for us to find stuff for a steal. But if its a bank takeover then I guess everything becomes property of the bank.
The best thing to buy there would be tanks and equipment . Would go for dirt cheap

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thanks Dom, they are T. Semifasciatus and while I went stupid on the size, I did get the minimum tank right lol.

Jarrett, that's a 700gal oceanic, not 1000gal even with the sump and it was too small for them 6 years ago.

I'm also no longer at Mutts, for the problems already mentioned among other things. I will miss my cube though, that thing rocked. I think my next project will be my best work yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: