CheckSix187

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Eddie, The thing is that whenever you go there you will be treated well and will see some MR members there (like the rafflemeister herself and the always pretty cupcake ;) . But, I bet you didn't know that while you were there today you had....
the boss man himself Josh from MR (ok you did know this because he posted in this thread but whatever)
Randy from Pratt, advance aquarist mag, reefs magazine, etc
Rich Ross (from california academy of science here for a guest lecture at BAS who tends to their 212k gallon reef)
Joe Y (curator and founder of Atlantis Marine World and their amazing 20k reef)
and Bob Stark who founded a little company called ESV, don't know if you heard of it.

To put it short, yeah, you were in good company (clearly cause you saw me there
). ;)

Today was the first time I didn't go home with a frag because I was in a rush and left without remembering the frag I put on hold with George!

Oh my god! I was in the presence of celebrities and I didn't even know it.

kenny2064

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have been to ma several times and i must say they are great roy and eddie answer all of my questions and are very pleasant to deal with...i dont ever feel pressured to buy anything while im there...ma should be the standard for a lfs imo the presentation of their products are just amazing and their customer service in my experience is top notch..

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I am also not a fan. The last two times I was in there I couldn't get any service. The salespeople hovered around their favorite customers and everyone else was left to themselves. I was there the other day and I asked three different people (who weren't with customers when I asked) if they could get a frag for me. Each time I was told they were busy but they would get someone to help me. After 15 minutes of being ignored, I left without buying anything and will never go back. I never found this to be the case in the past but certainly, for me anyway, this disinterest seems to be their new norm so I will simply take my business elsewhere.

dotc0m

Cheeky Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Good discussion. I've experienced both kinds mentioned here. Sometimes I walk out satisfied, other times not so much. Depends on who's really there at the times. +1 on the fav customers vibe.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I no longer shop there at all. I give my money to the LFS around me that have just as good livestock if not better and the people that work there will help you out right away. If they are busy they will even tell you hey I got 2 people ahead of you.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Great guys over there. Tested my water, very friendly and helpful. Great corals, livestock and products. I try to visit any chance I get.
agree, and kudos for free parking on weekends. here's a shot from my phone of my favorite tank in the store. :)

Attachments

• 2011-03-13_16-26-15_320.jpg
    2011-03-13_16-26-15_320.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 153

gennaro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Best LFS.
Best Staff.
Best Livestock
Best Customer Service Hands Down!
I always feel welcomed there. Of course there might be days that they're more busier than other. Or more attentive than others... but thats any store..
Kevin, Eddie and George are great!
Today I went there and got a great deal on a clown & a gobie. I don't know the young guy that helped me today but, good service!
Love this place...

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Well folks I have to say that customer care is rare and far in between , I know at times we may feel superior to others or that someone you don't know should know who you are but saltwater junkies are so so common we gotta do a self check and realize these guys are working for everyone at once and have to handle customers on many issues ranging from reef compatabilty , to water issues and whether or not to switch from halides to LEDs and on goes the list , when was the last time any of us walked in pointed out the fish or frag paid and left ??? Never this is not petland , so if we have questions, they have answers and my hat goes off to all of you who take the time to fill in the blanks and point us in the right direction. Much love to the m.a. Crew for all that you sell but mostly for all the good that you do . And I'm sure I speak for many when I say you guys are the best .

And for all you guys and girls who brave public transportation and weekend traffic to make your way into crazy manhattan from other cities and states to spend time with the best, god bless you and may your tanks grow wild with sea life no matter what creatures you may like and no matter what the tank size!!.

Manhattan Aquariums

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 95.7%
90   4   0
Thank you everyone for such amazing feedback and compliments! It's because of strong support from local communities such as MR that keeps us going and makes all the hard work that goes into the shop well worth it all. :) We will continue striving to provide everyone with the best service and selection of livestock as well as continuing to improve where we fall short.

420Reefer

Nature is Awesome
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
YO, MAD PROPS TO THE SPANISH DUDE (SORRY I FORGOT UR NAME) THATS THERE ON WEEKDAYS AROUND 2. AWESOME CUST. SERVICE. THAT FROGSPAWN AND BUBBLE TIP IS DOIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yOU WERE RIGHT ON THE AMINO ACIDS TOO!!!!!!!!!

solo

Got Vodka?
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Every time I've been, they have been super helpful, nice and awesome. They even helped me calibrate my refractometer. The only bad thing about the place is it's location... So close to Javits = No parking, even hard on the weekends. Maybe they should call themselves Long Island Aquarium or Westchester Aquarium and move out of Manhattan :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: