MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
No one even plays the beta anymore as it is.

Please site your source for this.

BF3 beta, is a beta. It is code over a month old. EA needed to present the beta code to Sony and MS to have them approve it before they ever even considered putting it up for download. Has anyone ever played a beta? A beta is to find bugs and fix them. It's to test the back end servers and adjust them to handle the load.

The only thing I think BF3 messed up with is releasing a beta ASSUMING that non-technical (or logical for that matter) would understand that of course this will be buggy, because thats the purpose of a beta - to test.

COD is run around solo and kill people till you get an AC130 and make the other team rage quit. BF3 is a slower, larger scale strategic squad based game. Totally different games. Different people like different play styles.

Do you honestly think EA will release a final game that is not 100% solid? This is their huge shot to take a decent chunk away from CODs market share.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Im sourcing it from the 30 plus people I know personally that downloaded it and no longer play it including myself. Obviously people are still playing it but they are most likely the ones who have just downloaded it.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
To be fair Mathew, the word "beta" more recently has become synonymous with "demo". It's something a lot of companies release now before the actual game launch and people who haven't had much experience with real betas or even alphas have unreasonable expectations especially when it's buggy. It's just the way it is now. It's not clear now whether a beta will be polished and launch ready or an actual beta still riddled with glitches and bugs.

For the record I really like the suppression system. Pretty much stops the CoD players from running and gunning and lets tactics become even more important.

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This is the same type of hype that Mag, BF2 and resistance 3 had not to mention a few other games. People go crazy for the games yet after 2 weeks no one even plays them and you can buy them used for 20 bucks after that 2 weeks.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
I hope the best for BF3 ... and definitely think it's a nice change from the epic failure of MW2 ... MW3 will probably be cr@ppy as well (it's NOT the game itself but the people that exploit all the little glitches. Too bad :( )

A game actually based on teamwork? What's that? lol. I will stick to my OMA danger close Pro piping while being able to 720 your a$$ across the map with my intervention. Pleaseeee ...

In all seriousness, I was an MW2 fan ... I did enjoy the game until people wrecked havoc on it, and pretty much destroyed the game.

I played the BF3 beta a few times with friends (always a plus) and it was quite enjoyable, but when you get the random players that still use the same tactics they would in CoD you lose.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I played the BF3 beta a few times with friends (always a plus) and it was quite enjoyable, but when you get the random players that still use the same tactics they would in CoD you lose.

Yeah, I would highly recommend playing BF with friends on a squad. Randoms are a toss up if they will PTFO, or sit in the back and snipe as attackers.

Im more of a Conquest mode guy myself.

Let's see if infinity ward gives a _ after the first 6 months of MW2.5 - unlike MW2. Will be interesting.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Yeah, I would highly recommend playing BF with friends on a squad. Randoms are a toss up if they will PTFO, or sit in the back and snipe as attackers.

Im more of a Conquest mode guy myself.

Let's see if infinity ward gives a _ after the first 6 months of MW2.5 - unlike MW2. Will be interesting.

Ha! How long did it take for them to patch up those 10th lobbies? Almost two years?!?!?! :sick:

Let's all go Nuke boosting while we are at it too! (I have no hatred towards that game what-so-ever).

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
You and 30 of your friends are hardly a representative group. That isn't even a full server...

Doesn't have to be a full server to form an opinion. Medal of honor was supposed to be the next big game. How did that turn out? I know bf3 was a beta as of now but they are already talking about removing some of the better perks of the game.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Ha! How long did it take for them to patch up those 10th lobbies? Almost two years?!?!?! :sick:

Let's all go Nuke boosting while we are at it too! (I have no hatred towards that game what-so-ever).
Every game has some type of problems. I mean black ops started boosting the noon tubes ans grenades for the little kids complaining. And mw2 hasn't even been out for 2 full years yet. Get your info straight. I just put in resistance 3 and there were roughly over 1000 people online. If that tells you anything.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Every game has some type of problems. I mean black ops started boosting the noon tubes ans grenades for the little kids complaining. And mw2 hasn't even been out for 2 full years yet. Get your info straight. I just put in resistance 3 and there were roughly over 1000 people online. If that tells you anything.

It's just shy of two years, sorry ... NO excuse for them to not fix the problems with the game ... Treyarch was far more responsive to the community in fixing their game up to where it's actually tolerable.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It's just shy of two years, sorry ... NO excuse for them to not fix the problems with the game ... Treyarch was far more responsive to the community in fixing their game up to where it's actually tolerable.

In CODs defense, it did take BFBC2 6 months to fix the C4 COMM station glitch/exploit. hah

It's gonna be interesting to see MW2.5 with no new engine or upgrade, just new maps and a new kill/point streak system... of the same old kill streaks keep the interest of 16 year olds everywhere and RG.

jaa1456, im just trolling you, man. No hard feelings :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: