Rating - 100%
26   0   0
For some reason the origin downloader is loading the beta but after trying to start the game I'm still getting an error message that tells me to uninstall and reload the game. My system is more than capable of running it so it's not a hardware issue. I'm thinking I'm just going to get a disc when it's out and physically load it.

I have all but two of my assault weapons platted right now, the first one and the F2000 (cuz it's terrible even at close range). Although my favorite weapon of all is the attack helo. People get so angry when you manually evade their locked RPGs without any flares and then unleash the rockets on them right after. Isn't that why we play multiplayer games anyway? Because somewhere you know someone just smashed their controller because of what you just did to them?

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have all but two of my assault weapons platted right now, the first one and the F2000 (cuz it's terrible even at close range). Although my favorite weapon of all is the attack helo. People get so angry when you manually evade their locked RPGs without any flares and then unleash the rockets on them right after. Isn't that why we play multiplayer games anyway? Because somewhere you know someone just smashed their controller because of what you just did to them?

Teach me how to do that on BC2. I can strafe well, but cant evade that well.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm on PC and I just use the mouse and KB. I do use a gaming mouse with on the fly DPI adjustment but I just use the max setting when I'm flying. The biggest tip is to do spins and wobble as much as possible. The other big thing is to get as low to the ground and try to get the rocket to impact something else when it's trying to reacquire you and doing the loops around you. If you can ditch the first rocket you can usually nail the person that fired it before they can reload and lock on again. Also constantly change direction, it's easier to evade the guided AT4s obviously but the RPGs aren't as maneuverable once they get close to you.

I think the KB and mouse control is way more responsive than the joysticks people use.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Not loving it sadly since I was really hoping it would be a winner. Gears of war 3 till the new call of duty for me

You need to get to level 15-20 before you get the good guns/EQ (UMP, PP2000, m416, recon beacon). Plus unless you were a BFBC2 guy, it takes awhile to get used to not just running and gunning.

MW2.5 sounds good though :)

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Not loving it sadly since I was really hoping it would be a winner. Gears of war 3 till the new call of duty for me
it's not the same game genre. BF3 will be more pvp. GOW3 is more is shoot and shoot and more shooting to stay alive. There are not as much weapons in GOW3 than BF3. I have GOW3 and played the BF3 beta.

I would prefer to get the PC version of BF3, but my video card are 4years old. (2) 8800GTS in SLI in a decent gaming rig AMD Phenom 4x-955, just dont have the cash to upgrade them. Planning to get it for my PS3.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The PC beta servers are pretty much packed at all hours, it's sometimes hard to log on. It's a more realistic and tactics based game than CoD, they're two completely different games. The beta is just one of the maps and it happens to be the most console friendly one with small tight areas. The really good maps are going to be the big ones with the vehicles. Tons of unlocks and weapon combo options are pretty cool too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: