Status
Not open for further replies.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Not sure, but I think on a commercial truck, each light out is a separate D.O.T. violation.
For instance those tractor trailers all lit up with all the extra lights added. If 1 is out its a ticket.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
People are giving you a hard time because you are not answering anyones questions directly. You keep saying the same thing over and over. Now it comes out that it is a commercial work truck. Still doesn't explain what the tickets are for and how he could write them without thorouly inspecting the truck. If you had 13 lights out on your truck then you deserve every ticket and should have been towed!! That is just completely irresponible and dangerous! So your saying the trip took an additional 4 hrs? That would make it 9:00pm when you started fixing 13 repairs on your truck. On Thanksgiving day?? What time did you sit down to dinner? Looking forward to the pics, make sure the lights are on when you take it!!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
If you had 13 lights out on your truck then you deserve every ticket and should have been towed!!
On Thanksgiving day?? What time did you sit down to dinner?
Not taking sides...BUT...he did say a fuse was blown, which could 'take out' more than 1 light...and
...it was on Weds. night, not Thanksgiving Day

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
13 lights on 1 fuse, no wonder it blew. I do not believe it blew during that trip either. Commercial vehicles are held to a higher standard. Here in NJ diesel trucks above a certain weight are subject to self inspection, not state inspection. So if you get a ticket for a violation it is your own fault for not inspecting or maintaining your eqiupment, not the police officer's! My company had several trucks and various trailers. My employees where required to check these vehicles daily. It would take less than 1 min.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: