Status
Not open for further replies.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
What a thanksgiving eve I just got a good reminder y a don't go to Li the cops over are out of control wtf ok so I got out of work 4 pm went to the bx meet up with two my friends and hit the road to grab the 150 traffic was crazy with 2 exit to the destination we got pull over by Li pd we had a pba card no help ??? It works every were else hey said i am going just write u an equipment ticket and u guys will be on the way one hour wait he came back with a large stack of papers when I look true them there was 13 ticket I was like wtf this how the cops over here deal with people they are so wrong with all of this the 150 is in the building

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Dude if he found 13 violations in one stop be grateful he didn't impound your car and find a reason to lock up you up for Thanksgiving...42 people got locked up last night for DWI not including all the others that will spend the day in a cell until Friday when courts are back.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
It was Nassua and mike ny what would he lock us up for??? so a fuse blow and we didn't know so we had no back light I cant remember when a non working equipment warrent a arest and like I said a had a pba card plus he said he was just going give us a violation not 13 of them that little bit much imo ..Nassua pd is full s$$t to be honest

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So what is each violation for?

1. you said is for a blown fuse and not having a working back light
- warrants a ticket

what about 2 - 13?

Just because you have a pba card doesn't mean anything, they don't have to honor it.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
No mouthing of to be honest we didn't say too much to each other like I said he said ill be right so u can be on the way I am just going give u a violation for the tail not working I had no issue with that ok so the light don't work but when he came back with 13 ticket then I was piss my thinking is he already give one which have to fix in a 24 hour period and the ticket get trash so I dont understand y 13 they gonna get trash anyway ...I was think while he had u there for 45min and did find anything to arrest us for he figure let give as many tickets as can

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Dude speak to a lawyer.. Don't stand for that bs. Fight the tickets he was upset he had to b working... And had a fight wit his wife or some thing and taking it out on u.. That's way over kill. Abuse of power...

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
my point being that if he is that big of an SOB to give you 13 tickets then your lucky he didn't find something to lock you up for.....I NEVER in my 20 years gave anyone that many tickets in one stop....

Yeah I think there are probably other reasons that the OP was given 13 tickets, and I've never heard of someone giving them for "each bulb" either.

So what were the other tickets for besides the bulbs?

My uncle was a copy for 35 years, a few members on this board are cops, and a bunch of my friends are cops and I have never heard of anyone getting damn near that amount of tickets.

I also have a few pba cards, a few being the engraved ones and have never had a cop not honor it as long as I was polite and respectful.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I read this post earlier and did not comment on it at first.

You are saying that the tickets are written for the same violation (same statute 13 times??).

If that is the case just goto court, I do not know any court that would find you guilty for all of that.

In NJ it is "Maintenance of Lamps", I would not write someone more than one of them "UNLESS THERE IS A REASON TO".

I personally honor all PBA cards no matter where they are from, as long as you really know the person. Well I honor them when the person handing it to me deserves the break. A lot of time people fan them out like they are a deck of cards and "EXPECT" to get out of it, those are the type of people that get a book written.

I am not saying that is what happened here, remember there is always 3 sides to a story. Yours, His, and the truth somewhere in the middle.

But if in fact they are all for the same statute then just goto court and I would bet that all but one will get dismissed (at least in NJ that is what would happen.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Well I know for sure not all po honor pba card. I was pulled over once before in long island and the Po told me that.."Don't bother taking it out that card dont work over here this is not NYC". And I never once said 1 word to the po. And never even got a chance to show it I keep mine in front of my dl..

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I'm curious to know what all the tickets were for because given that many tickets just for lights is ridiculous. The only times I've seen people get that many equipment violations tickets were operators of eighteen wheelers. BTW PBA cards are not "a get out of jail free card" and honoring them is a courtesy depending on the circumstances....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: