jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
jaa, where did you go to get that interior done one the 300?

I had a shop in Ohio do the interior believe it or not, they moved to a new location and I'm not sure where they actually went to. It was an interior shop,that specialized in older cars and custom jobs. They had a lot of work going on there and some crazy stuff.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
jaa - some sick rides man. The 2000 body style is when I first ran into a ford stang cobra. sounded freaking MEAN. I was a little 15 year old when it came up on a friend in his little honda accord and scared the sh*t out of me. First time I became a stang fan!

That chrysler, I'm guessing is likely alcantara? How did you clean it? I've been looking for the best method to clean it as it's not like regular cloth cleaning where you would shampoo it. I see soft brush, vacuum, repeat and damp clean MF towel. I have little spots here in there that need cleaning.

It's actually all suede and cleaning it was a real pain and you could see wear on it as well, mostly where your elbows rest at. As for the Cobras yea they are mean, the 2003/04 in particular. You can get 600-700 HP out of that engine with almost no effort, it's ridiculous. I'm 50/50 on the new Vette, the interior was a much needed upgrade, the exterior is iffy.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
jaa - some sick rides man. The 2000 body style is when I first ran into a ford stang cobra. sounded freaking MEAN. I was a little 15 year old when it came up on a friend in his little honda accord and scared the sh*t out of me. First time I became a stang fan!

That chrysler, I'm guessing is likely alcantara? How did you clean it? I've been looking for the best method to clean it as it's not like regular cloth cleaning where you would shampoo it. I see soft brush, vacuum, repeat and damp clean MF towel. I have little spots here in there that need cleaning.

If you find out the best way to clean alcantara. Please share, I havent tried yet but i want to clean my steering wheel on one of my cars.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Just a heads up guys and gals that customize their cars.

Make sure you take out extra auto insurance coverage for any aftermarket items you add to your vehicle. I work for an insurance company handling auto claims and if your $5,000 rims were to get damaged or anything from an accident your insurance policy typically only allows for $1,000 in aftermarket parts that or they'll replace it with your standard stock wheel. You MUST purchase additional insurance on any custom parts in order for it to be covered beyond your general policy limit.

Hope this helps.

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0

Make sure you take out extra auto insurance coverage for any aftermarket items you add to your vehicle. I work for an insurance company handling auto claims and if your $5,000 rims were to get damaged or anything from an accident your insurance policy typically only allows for $1,000 in aftermarket parts that or they'll replace it with your standard stock wheel. You MUST purchase additional insurance on any custom parts in order for it to be covered beyond your general policy limit.

Hope this helps.

thats good to know. I didn't know that was an option. The CS ppl at geico never told me about it even though I told them I have some expansive aftermarket parts on the car.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
thats good to know. I didn't know that was an option. The CS ppl at geico never told me about it even though I told them I have some expansive aftermarket parts on the car.

Speak to an agent there not customer service, I work for one of their competitors and I know it is a clause in our policy that you can purchase additional. Most people don't know to ask for it and think they'll be covered then when stuff happens that is when people get mad because they never read their policy and assumed they were covered.

Also just because you paid $5k for that brand new rim or sound system doesn't mean they'll give you anywhere near that. They'll find a comparable or replacement part and give it to you, doesn't necessarily have to be brand new.

In addition in NJ depending on the miles and year of a vehicle OEM parts are not required. So if you drive a 2001 Benz and someone hits it, well the other insurance company can and will use non-oem parts to restore your vehicle. Non-oem typically is just as good, if not better than oem, but just an fyi.

I could go on for days with all the stuff, but it is boring and I just worked a full day thus it is time to :tub:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0

Hope this helps.
Yea, I did that once through geico for 15,000 in custom insurance to cover rims and audio equipment. I got a nice hefty 500 check for that stuff when my car got totaled.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Yea, I did that once through geico for 15,000 in custom insurance to cover rims and audio equipment. I got a nice hefty 500 check for that stuff when my car got totaled.

$500 for $15k worth of equipment? ouch.

There are some 3rd party companies that people who have car show cars use to cover all the stuff and they sometimes cover it better than your normal auto insurance.

Any time you do things to the vehicle though it doesn't necessarily add value, only adds value to the person who is adding it unfortunately.

How about some more pictures of nice rides :)? :tank:

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0

Attachments

• 411901_4192611217003_178549211_o.jpg
    411901_4192611217003_178549211_o.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 241

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Brando get in here and show off your new ride! (if you got it already!) Maybe we can find that guy selling stereos! ahaha

Lmao my car is stock and will remain as such and then back it goes. I'm toying with leasing the 2014 cla when it comes out or maybe a GL. Benz 4 life brah

Dude that guy was so dumb he even went inside when I told them they needed one at AF.

If anyone needs a stereo or remote start or anything with regards to that hit me up. My brother does all that and builds custom fiberglass boxes etc, for cars to be in car shows.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: