Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I know we may have had our differences in the past but you will be in my prayers and please try to keep positive and never give up the fight! I had some family members fight this horrible disease and were able to beat it, unfortunately I lost my mother to cancer about 6 years ago so I know how hard it is not only on you but also your loved ones. Please keep us updated and remember no matter how dark or bad it looks your never out of the fight!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hi Guys. Again I find myself apologizing for my few and far between posts to keep this thread updated. It took a good deal longer than I was told to bounce back after the radiation treatments. Somehow I managed to continue working through it all.
In September I had my next round of scans to check the adrenal gland and lung for any negative activity (PET scan), and a CT scan of the brain to check that there was nothing showing that didn't belong there.
On Sept 24th I was told that my test results were 'wonderful' and 'better than even my doctor expected'.
Yay!!! I was told to 'go enjoy yourself' and to come back next month to check in and the next testing would be done in December.

That evening I got a phone call from my Vet..my cat Curley has Lymphoma. Major sigh.

The following morning I left my home office to go to meet one of my service reps and got into a car wreck. :sigh:
Fractured Sternum & sprained left leg
Not sure if was the exploding airbag, the seat belt or if I hit the steering column but it felt like someone swung a sack of bricks into my rib cage.
I've been out of work recovering since then ...so much for 'go enjoy yourself'...that sentiment only lasted a few hours....
$11,500 in damage to the Jeep - just got that back and am only driving when necessary as it hurts to drive.

Many people have told me that I have really crappy luck.
I totally disagree.
I'm feeling REALLY lucky!! :spin:

As always, thinking of you all and still requesting any prayers or good thoughts that you care to send my way. I can still use all that I can get!!
Hugs,
Kathy

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
What an amazing story about an amazing person. Lots of hugs and kisses sent your way Kathy. Wishing you a continues speedy recovery.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
First an apology for not keeping you folks updated. It's been way too long!

I've found that it chemo and radiation knock you for a loop but can be really helpful which is far more important! Between the chemo and the car accident in 9/15 I ended up on disability for a long while and ultimately retired.
In June of this year I had a relapse with the cancer and went back onto chemo and just finished up those treatments in November. I find out in a couple of weeks when I go back and have my scans done again to see if these last 6 rounds of chemo were a success. So keep those prayers up please!!

For somebody who doesn't work I kick myself for not being productive with my time. Hoping to change that now :bunny: and be around here on a regular basis.:spin:
First task..grow some hair...lol

I thank you all for the prayers and good wishes!
:grouphug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: