Do you want to see a pic of a baby rat I caught?

• Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I used to have a pet rat when I was in High School named "Skiz". I used to walk around my high school with it on my shoulder (YES I was THAT guy.)
Rats are actually AMAZINGLY inteligent and more evolved and skilled than you could imagine. For those reasons they do not make good pets. It WILL inevitably figure out a way to escape and by a rat in your home which of course is not good. While it is disease free now once it gets out there is no way of telling what nasty diseases it may have picked up from other vermin it had encountered. Rats are very social animals and will seek out other rats. They have a universal language that is communicated at ultrasonic frequencies which we and its predictors cannot hear (neat adaptation huh?)
Rats do not make good pets.

As a side note my best friend had his ear pierced by my pet rat Skiz. The shoulder carrying move is not for everyone.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I used to have a pet rat when I was in High School named "Skiz". I used to walk around my high school with it on my shoulder (YES I was THAT guy.)
Rats are actually AMAZINGLY inteligent and more evolved and skilled than you could imagine. For those reasons they do not make good pets. It WILL inevitably figure out a way to escape and by a rat in your home which of course is not good. While it is disease free now once it gets out there is no way of telling what nasty diseases it may have picked up from other vermin it had encountered. Rats are very social animals and will seek out other rats. They have a universal language that is communicated at ultrasonic frequencies which we and its predictors cannot hear (neat adaptation huh?)
Rats do not make good pets.

As a side note my best friend had his ear pierced by my pet rat Skiz. The shoulder carrying move is not for everyone.

Funny you say that ,,,i think there is a program going to boardcasted this week and RATS and how smart they really are !!

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Rats are actually AMAZINGLY inteligent and more evolved and skilled than you could imagine.
Agreed.

I think you guys are going to think that I am crazy again when I tell you this true story. My ex girl friend has a white pet rat in her lab in the same tank with another white pet rat that her associate keeps. They look as if they are happy together in the day time when their masters are around working. No fights for food nor bully each other. Then her associates continue to find hers having wounds when they come back to the lab in the morning. So she suspects that they must be fighting at night. My ex suggest to pretend they were leaving while peeking them in the dark. As soon as they turn, before even hitting the lights, my ex's rat jump on the other one right the way and bite him. When my ex and her associate turn around the bully pretend nothing has happened. It's like some children pretending they did not bully their brothers and sisters. :shhh:

Why complaint, FREE service. People go to St. marks to pay for the service.:birthday:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
a friend of mine was in the subway once and saw a guy start screaming and smacking his head... turns out a rat was walking along the girders in the ceiling and fell off- onto his head!

:lol: I couldn't imagine...

I saw similar situation in a subway staton along the route "6". I had to hold myself from cracking up or else it's not the rat that got squashed but me.:tongue1: :tongue1: :tongue1:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ok have we hit the absolutely useless thread award of the century award yet? The rat is smater than the person who caught it I'll tell you that. Rats (Street Rats) Carry disease and should be exterminated not cuddled. Call the Board of health if you don't believe me. Someone/mod please put us out of misery here PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Ok have we hit the absolutely useless thread award of the century award yet? The rat is smater than the person who caught it I'll tell you that. Rats (Street Rats) Carry disease and should be exterminated not cuddled. Call the Board of health if you don't believe me. Sopmeone please put us out of misery here PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I believe you that they could(mostly do-DOH also found that most of the squirrels in our park have the same issue and many scrows, if they have not died of it, in NY carry West Nile) carry diease and that if Dept of Health wish to take it away, I would let them. Just that I don't want to kill them with my own hands. So, all it all, keeping wild/street/stray animals is not advisable.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Either Wingo is a freakin genius or some kind of monster tard. I can't figure it out but something to consider: everyone who is complaining willingly read through the whole thread so who is smarter here???? This is the longest and most pointless thread I have ever seen, I never want it to end. Someone should submit the content here to Guiness for "Most Pointless Thread on the Web".

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Either Wingo is a freakin genius or some kind of monster tard.

The Latter

I can't figure it out but something to consider: everyone who is complaining willingly read through the whole thread so who is smarter here????

Didn't read it, not past the first idiotic post and the responses to my posts.

This is the longest and most pointless thread I have ever seen
Agreed!

I never want it to end.

I disagree it should have been closed a long time ago

Someone should submit the content here to Guiness for "Most Pointless Thread on the Web".

Again I disagree someone should delete this thread and pray nothing like it ever surfaces again, it is an embarassment to MR and it's members.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Yet but everyone keeps posting and reading the thread :lol2:

anyway .as for human .WE tend to like the dumbest sh!t ,so i for one ,like to read this thread just for the drama.So keep up the good work ,I love to laugh at the wee hrs of the nite :D

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yea...i cant believe i just clicked through 4 pages just to a wet mouse. I gotta say the suspense was building around page 2.....so ur gonna kill it right or feed it to something?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i keep thinking i missed the pic- so i keep going back and looking...

still no rat pic :( you have no idea how boring my day is- if this thing actually happens you will actually have the honor of the most exciting thing I see at work...

btw- if you can train it to seek out and kill mantis shrimp I will go out and buy it a nice little rat lady...they can make many baby rats which will then learn through osmosis to destroy every mantis on the planet..

I need to go to bed...

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i keep thinking i missed the pic- so i keep going back and looking...

still no rat pic :( you have no idea how boring my day is- if this thing actually happens you will actually have the honor of the most exciting thing I see at work...

btw- if you can train it to seek out and kill mantis shrimp I will go out and buy it a nice little rat lady...they can make many baby rats which will then learn through osmosis to destroy every mantis on the planet..

I need to go to bed...
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/213382-post27.html

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: