WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
Yep! Tomtoothdoc was here to help me map out par. This pic is right now. But they are not at top of light cycle. The ligts are 10 inches awl. You will see shadows but not "dark spots"

44f66d23-e8de-fba2.jpg

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Very nice!

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yes sir, left chamber skimmer, middle return and left fuge, this setup makes more sense to me

Wil I'm a little lost on the set up if your using the the middle as your return so that means your going to set up T to split your drain pipe to feed your skimmed and fuge ?? :scratch:

Last edited:

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
Wil I'm a little lost on the set up if your using the the middle as your return so that mean means your going to set up T to split your drain pipe to feed your skimmed and fuge ?? :scratch:

U got it, from the over flow I'll put a "T" or "Y" fitting it'll feed the skimmer and the fuge, I figure instead of having it with the 1st chamber skimmer, 2nd fuge and 3rd return, which is how I had it on my last setup, that this way it'll make it'll be easier to sustain life such as pods that would get fed directly into the tank, instead of having all the water getting fed straight to the skimmer and skimming out some life, even though some will still get skimmed, but also I'm a believer that the more time the water spends in the fuge the better, to get the bacteria from macro algae to eat up phosphates and nitrites, so on the pipe feeding the fuge I'll also be slowing down the flow with a ball valve

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
On my old 110g I built a 45g acrylic sump/fugm the same way the problem I had was that all the wast and left over food wound up in the fugm side even with a clean up crew I had a bad cyon out break on fugm side just something to think about ...

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
No dark spots and good spread?

Will, looks like things are going real smooth with the tank. As for the AI coverage over the tank, it is excellent. I have 2 over my 55 gallon tank, par readings are pretty equal on both sides. Also, keep in mind that hanging the AIs evenly apart will create equal coverage over the tank. So basically you wouldn't want a shady spot in the tank. I did not use the AI hanging kit, because I find it a hassle and a nuisance. I made my own custom aluminum bracket fixture and spread the lights over equal distances.

For the daytime (from 12 pm to 8 pm) I run the lights at 85%. For my tank this is the maximum, because it suits the sps and lps I have I'm my tank. It took a while to figure out the compromisable percentage, but at the end all worked out. Lmk if you need any lighting help.

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Did u have enough flow in there? Filter sock?

Flow was regulated on the fugm side with ball valve and skimmer side filter sock I got the idea for melvereef..What fix it for me putting my main out line for pho reactor in the fugm side and weekly cleaned up brother good luck Bro..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: