twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is primed and glued.
When I was priming the final piece of the return pipe a drop of primer fell into the sump water. :anger2:

Should I be worried and discard all the sump water?
Is 1 drop so minute that it wont matter in 70ish total gallons?
Is that 1 drop disperesed a danger to my acrylic sump or display silicone?

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
All is primed and glued.
When I was priming the final piece of the return pipe a drop of primer fell into the sump water. :anger2:

Should I be worried and discard all the sump water?
Is 1 drop so minute that it wont matter in 70ish total gallons?
Is that 1 drop disperesed a danger to my acrylic sump or display silicone?

Just empty the sump water dude and replace with fresh saltwater I won't be concerned about it damaging your sump ..

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be no livestock in the tank until my CUC and that is still at least 1 week and 1 large water change away.

To discard all that sump water now would put me back 8hrs of precious weekend time I have to spend fixing any leaks, adding rock and salt.

Crap, some of this water is going away later today if all goes well because I have to drain some to allow the rock to go in!

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent a good 8 hours finalizing every connection , adjustment, salt, aquascape etc.

Vids coming shortly.

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze is taking the control unit for the ATO in and replacing it. It went in the mail to Texas today.

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how long do you think I need to wait before testing the water again to get an accurate measurement if I can add a CuC?

The rock cycled in bins and ammonia and nitrate went to ZERO over the course of 6 weeks (and sat with zero ammonia and zero nitrite for an additional 1.5 weeks afterward).
The rock was rinsed in fresh RODI, put into the display with new salt water and 40lbs of sand just opened and not cycled (the sand). It has been 3 days since this transfer took place.

I want to be able to test all my parameters, confirm ammonia and nitrite are at zero............do a 15% WC and add a CUC. I don?t want to test now and everything come back fine, only to add stuff and have a mini cycle next week (not due to livestock due to new tank syndrome).

Come to think of it, how much of a diatom bloom for snails am I going to have anyway? The rock is under LED lighting now but during those hard cycle weeks it was in darkness.

Help me take the next step!!!!!!!!!!

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my diatom bloom will be small since my rocks are cured my diatom bloom should be limited to the glass and sand due to silicates from glass and uncycled sand, no?

I will run some tests 2nite, I only need to worry about ammonia, nitrite, nitrate right now correct?
Water change before the CuC or a week after

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that the rock is in the display, with sand and fresh water for a few days it was time to test.

qTWao.jpg

Questions

1.) Calcium - I feel confident in all the tests but the calcium. This was my 1st titration test, I did it twice to make sure. I never got the change from red/pink to blue as I added drops and swirled. Could it be that my calcium is really that high because a.) reef crystals salt is known to have high calcium b.) I have nothing consuming calcium at the moment.

2.) Phosphates - Used my new Hannah Meter, love it. As for the phosphates I am not sure if .09 is anything to worry about. My RODI is zero. Maybe it is just the Pukani still leaching? I read that it can do that for a while.............and maybe the silicone on the tank and cement from my plumbing, both pretty new are contributing? Is .09 anything to worry about?

3.) Alkalinity - Used my new Hannah Meter, love it. Is it silly testing for alk in such a new system? What is my target alk I should see?

==========================================================

I felt confident enough in the numbers to place an order for my CuC.

dBRuu.jpg

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you put all your parameters on a chart sheet? I guess you used a microsoft program to do that?

Hi xxxAngeloxxx, I use Excel to track tank maintenance and parameters. I then take a screenshot and crop for posting in this thread.

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I was cycling I was doing it every week, I'll probably move to every 10-12 days soon to do all my testing just prior to water changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: