fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That sux dude! I hope they work with you after all the sh*t they put you thru.
As far as the light bracket is concerned, I would definitely make it height adjustable. There are a bunch of different opinions about how high to place led fixtures and it might take you a couple of tries to get it right on your setup

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put planks across the top of the tank I have now to see the orientation of the lights. I do not need the hinges, there is enough room.
Being able to move them higher or lower from the water line is something I would want though.

The small problem is the diameter of the stem attaching to the back of the AI unit would have to be pretty narrow.
At the same time the stem to be able to snake the wires through must be fatter.

So the stem is going to have to be shapped like a Pool Stick.
Narrow at the tip to bolt onto the AI unit and fatter as it gets to the wall allowing me to drill out a hole in its side to pass the wires through.

4458.jpg

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinpoint came in. It needed calibration before use as it was a little off.
I used a double shot glass so the probe would be fully immersed with the small amount of calibration solution provided. Swish to remove any trapped air bubbles.

Readings out of the box:
l4YTk.jpg

Screw on the left is for adjustments:
XVhA0.jpg

Reading just right:
O6pS9.jpg

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I guess u guys are lucky not only bid twan got a pic of his tank but ken got one of his also in the background..LOL...

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they are sending it to ur house or to a local dealer as in mine. I had them send mine to the loc dealer just in case the tank has a problem I leave it right there and call them up and get a refund!

Sending it to my house. I cant make it to Brooklyn cause I live and work in CT.
And with a wife due in 2 weeks I dont have the time to pack and lug this thing down there or be too far away from her if nature calls :cheers::cheers:

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my last dry goods order:

4JbXS.jpg

The only thing left is the tank which should ship this week and the stand which has not been built yet but I am taking the exterior paint color to the builder on Saturday and hope to confirm all the design details then.

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking @ AI Plastic Exterior

I purchased my AI lights from a user on Nanoreef used for a very fair price.
He purchased one in October 2011 and one in January 2012. They are both SOL Blues.

When I got them I did not notice it right away but the white housing of the fixture looked off. One was a brilliant bright white and one was more of an almond white. When I booted up both fixtures it became more noticeable because the almond white housing was made from a thinner plastic. This allowed more light to shine through that fixture versus the other. I wish I took a picture of this but I did not.

The two obviously came from two separate manufacturing runs. I do not blame the seller. He didn't even notice that they were slightly mismatched. But me, I am pretty anal as this thread is a testament to that.

I called AI and gave them the serial numbers off of both units. I got an email reply the same day with an offer to send me a new housing. They confirmed that both units were identical in performance and function but they change at one point to a brilliant bright white fixture. They offered to help me match the units by sending me a replacement housing if I paid the $8 shipped. I obliged and was very impressed with their customer service.

Almond left Brilliant right:

SWDSk.jpg

br5jU.jpg

2VuJm.jpg

AI supplied the replacement fan cover, it just snaps in:

YdXlz.jpg

The Housing removes with 4 allen key screws. Be careful after removing the housing now there is nothing holding the optics onto the LED's.

njevq.jpg

All matched up and test fired:

149IO.jpg

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Week 4 Cycling

I am now using Salifert Test kits for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate.
I have not started testing phosphates but will do so after the rock makes it to the display with my new Hannah checker.
I now have a Pinpoint Salinity monitor for SG but have had to calibrate it twice in opposite directions already so I am holding back with using it for my official readings. Stated SG's this week were recorded with a refreactometer.

mefV8.jpg

Ammonia pretty much gone.
Nitrite is coming down in the container with less rock but still very high in the other.
Nitrate through the roof in both.
After all the nitrite cycles out which will hopefully be in another 1.0-1.5 weeks then I will perform a 75% water change to reduce the nitrate.
It is at this time I will also start feeding the rock a pinch of flake every other day to keep things going before the rock can make it to the tank.

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's here, I will be keeping it. Leak testing the overflow and bulkheads now.
Will leak test display over weekend. :eek:

Good:
*Clear silicone, I only spent 30mins with a blade cleaning it up.
*Better attention to detail (fit and blackout covering).
*Perfect glass.

Bad:
*Have 1 area of silicone with bubbles and wouldn't ya figure it is on the front. Not fatal just annoying.
*Custom cover for overflow supplied that I paid $20 extra was a joke and I am asking for a refund on that.

Video:
http://youtu.be/WnppwgTZ05U

Photos:

9wdxv.jpg

kS9wm.jpg

9Ap9F.jpg

Reference for stand builder:

1tyx0.jpg

mp3mT.jpg

RBiEc.jpg

9maKe.jpg

Laughable acrylic "custom" canopy:

XUCKO.jpg

5Uubn.jpg

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Man sent that crap back $20 for a cover like that!!!!! U can make your only...

PS: nice tank...I guess that what u wish for....

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: