JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Went and got a couple of more pieces of rock today and did pretty much the final aquascaping with the exception of a couple of islands on the rear of each end of the rock island to make it a bit more balanced looking from the side.

This is all big pieces 6 in total. It'll make it much easier to frag later on and wind up with the same scaping as when I took the rock out. Here are the pics, I'm pretty happy with it, has some nice pass throughs for the fish to swim through once the tank's stocked. I hope you guys like em:

DSC_0560-6.jpg

DSC_0561-7.jpg

DSC_0562-6.jpg

DSC_0563-3.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So Jimmy,
How long before you let Wingo LED retro your hood :)

LOl not gonna do any retro fitting for a while Warren, thanks for putting the idea about LED's in my head now though:biglaugh:

Love the rockwork! Its so nice that you left it off the back wall. It will definitely help with flow and keeping the crap suspended. Great job!

Thanks fishman, I like how it came out and I'm glad I have the rock directly on the bottom glass, always wanted to be able to keep whatever I wanted but was always afraid of my rock falling if I got a goby/pistol pair or other diggers in there and it'll be real nice to have a good 360 degree view of everything.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well in total I have around 70 lbs. of Real Reef rock, cycle's done. It completed a lot faster than I thought it would.

In the last 3 days I saw the completion happen quickly

Latest test just done are

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-2
So now it's on to fish selection and QT as well as addition of CUC after a heavy water change to get the nitrate to 0

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: