JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well, new tank coming, new thread. I ordered my RSM250 today from Rich at Aquarium Village and it will be here Tuesday at around 4 pm.

Let me just say I didn't like the original owner of this store but am REALLY glad that I stopped in. Rich the new owner is an awesome guy and gave me a more than fair deal on everything from the tank to the rock to a 20 long I bought to house my clowns until the 250 gets here.

I bought about 55 pounds of the real reef man made rock he had. He put this aside for me until the tank gets here in a storage tank he marked sold with my name on it.

Now, so much for my 65. If anyone wants the tank, I'll be giving it away. It's a reef ready AGA. I had like an idiot cut out the center bar, but I will include the new frame that I bought from Russ(masterswimmer).

I figure if a new person to the hobby wants to go to a 65G it'll knock some expense off their journey. I will not be using it so I don't feel like charging someone for it due to them having to put the new top frame on it.

I will throw in an Aqueon model 2 sump for $100. I just got that a few months ago so I want to get something for it. I'd rather not part it all out so someone will get a nice tank/sump for $100.

For right now I have the clowns in the 20 long I got today with some live rock from the 65. They're a bit stressed from being moved obviously but they'll simmer down.

I also have 3 of the nems that are all but dead on a few of the pieces of rock. I really think I'm going to cut my losses with them, their tentacles melted away and are a weird pinkish/purple color, BUT they're still anchored to the rock to where I'd have to pull them off, and they curled up when I put them in the 20 and fed some cyclopeeze, so I'm torn. I hate to throw away a living creature if there's ANY chance of them surviving.

On the nems I'm asking for some opinions on whether to keep em or toss em. Here are some pics of the 20 long that they're in, I also want to note that they're not all slimed up and they react to not only food but touch:

DSC_0562-3.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0563-1.jpg

DSC_0564-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm pretty sure the nems are just pissed off atm. If they were dying they would nuke your tank and you would have nothing left. Its awesome that you are giving away your old tank. We need more people like that! Try to find the nems a good home and good luck with the new setup!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks fishman, this hobby is expensive enough due to learning means losing stuff, why charge for something that will just take up real estate, that I won't use again and could help someone out.

How I was raised, but thanks for the kudos and the good wishes with the 250.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Picked up the RSM today- well Rich had his guy Steve deliver it by following me home with it in the back of his pickup.
The first pics. I still have to get some more rock to build 2 bridges between the 3 top pieces. Its only 4 big pieces of rock in there now anyway heres the pics of my new baby:
When assembly was completed
DSC_0567-2.jpg

Placed the live rock
DSC_0573.jpg

Laid the sandbed
DSC_0579.jpg

With the tank filled
DSC_0584.jpg

So I'm off to a nice start with a puppy safe tank. I really do like the fit and finish of this thing. I'll post up some more pics when the cycle's complete and the livestock starts making its way in slowly.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Very nice man! I always like the look of those tanks. Im thinking of getting one as my next tank because they look kid proof also lol ( My daughter used to get into my sump and play with my macros, Shes older now but I have a 2 month old daughter that will be crawling around before I know it!)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
RSM is really getting their spot. More and more people are using them. Looks good plus very smooth craftsmanship.

Give the nems a chance but DO monitor the water quality of the 20G to make sure they are coming not going away and poisoning the tank. Try to maintain same amount of light as they were in your old tank that would help them come back faster.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Thanks guys, and I hear ya fishman, yeah deifnately kid proof,

thanks Russ and Awilda.

Wingo. I have the fixture I was using on my 65 on the 20 now. Have been monitoring and doing 2 gallon water changes every other day. Hopefully I bring them back, give 3 of them away and give the 1 I keep a home in the new tank. I'm going today to get 2 shrimp, 1 to start the cycle on the tank and one to cut a few small pieces off of to hopefully get them to eat.

Unfortunately I made an extremely stupid move and lost the female of my mated pair of clowns yesterday so there has been a downside.

Hopefully someone will buy the male I have still. I just don't want to throw a smaller one in and hope they pair up. Once I rehome this guy I'll get another mated pair.

Yeah Sthill, I think I'm really gonna love this thing, it was actually fun to put together.

Last edited:

Sandyp1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice ! I had the same tank and really enjoyed it. My only disapointment was the skimmer. I went through 3 pumps, but Red Sea was really good about it and replaced it all 3 times. I eventually switched it out for a Euro Reef Skimmer which goes in the same spot. Only difference is the cup sits above the tank and you have to take that small cover over the skimmer off. Good luck and nice rock work !

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Also on a good note, the anemones are eating. The one in the pics devoured the piece of shrimp I gave it in a few minutes.

They've got a long way to go but the light at the end of the tunnel may be starting to shine:

DSC_0561-6.jpg

The other one that I could get a shot of also. The piece I gave him was a bit too big, but he's managing to eat it also:

DSC_0560-5.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: