samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Here's the tank spec! First picture of the overflow, view from the back of the tank, then the tank. :pimp:
viewer2.png

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
More Progress

I made a box!!!!
Unexpectly took the day off with expected progress.
Now i just got to cut out the door and paint the stand and it's ready for the tank. One more month and the tank should be ready :sgrin:

Attachments

• stand1.jpg
    stand1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,478
  • stand2.jpg
    stand2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,473
  • stand3.jpg
    stand3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,479

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
The goodies finally came :)

Packages are finally here, they were suppose to be here on Friday but UPC screw up my delivery. Here's my rockscape for now. Needs to play around with it a bit more. The stand has been sanded and stain. Now i just need to order the door and i'm set with the stand :biggrin:

Attachments

• package.jpg
    package.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,457
  • rockscape.jpg
    rockscape.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,451

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Finally got some time, stained and polyurethane the stand. Did a horrible job, have to redo the door or buy a door someday for now i'll live with it. No time, no budget. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• standopen.JPG
    standopen.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 1,414
  • stand1.JPG
    stand1.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,416

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Stand looks good sam

Thanks Ken! Now i just need a tank so i can put some :goldfish2:goldfish2 in there. But the tank build is like a :turtle: walking. Feels like forever. Two more weeks :bablefish

In the mean time, 150lb of pukani rock is curing, by the time the tank get's here, the rock should be ready. Just have to figure out the real landscaping and plumbing part.:headache:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Curious, is the center support on the stand removeable so you can access the sump?
Why not just leave that part out and make the doors all one piece. You could still do that after.

Barrie - i'm scare it'll fall down with my poor carpentry skill. I rather over build than under build. That's just part of the skin, it's not an actual post. I can cut it out but, the two door would look weired, and if i make it one door, it's way too big so i decided to go with two door for the look. And a posted will be put right behind the middle divider. I still have plenty of room to access the sump.

Yeah thats the pita part..lol i should have mine wet by this weekend my self doing the plumbing on sat.

Dude, it's about time you fill your tank.....lol!!!! Been waiting for a long long time already. get it going, fill it with water and lots and lots of coral! :biggrinpa. I want to see some pics of that tank filled with corals and fishes

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'm wondering how you will get a worthy sump in the stand with the support there. Or will it be somewhere else?
You could put some jack studs on each end to add extra support. You can go that distance without a center support. And for the aesthetics of the doors, you could just make them look like they are two doors.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I'm wondering how you will get a worthy sump in the stand with the support there. Or will it be somewhere else?
You could put some jack studs on each end to add extra support. You can go that distance without a center support. And for the aesthetics of the doors, you could just make them look like they are two doors.

Barrie, i can easily fit a 40 gallon sump under the stand (pic below), so space is not an issue for me. Or i might even put the sump behind the wall, if i get approval :scratch: to put several holes in the wall so it's less restrictive compare to under the stand. Not sure what jack studs, and i'm feeling a little lazy on reworking the stand after all these work as i don't get that much time to work on it these days.

cabinet-1.jpg

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Sam, that's alot of rock!!! You sure you want that much in the tank?? haha.. You wont have much room for corals...

I think you overbuild your stand already..

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Is that pukani rock from BRS? If so, you may want to cook it in some muriatic acid (if you didn't have plans to do so already)... that stuff is really dirty and people have had problems with it leaching phosphates.

If you look in my thread, the second picture down shows what was coming off of 10 lbs of rock mixed with water and muriatic acid.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/124241-my-daughters-solana-34g.html

Sorry for the hijack, nice build btw.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
o boy ..hes back......how ya bin sam.....see you wasted no time building a stand again...lol....good luck ....will be watching your build......

Thanks dude! It's been a long while, and I can't wait to get a tank back. Been starring at that stand for weeks w/o a tank. This really sucks!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sam, that's alot of rock!!! You sure you want that much in the tank?? haha.. You wont have much room for corals...

I think you overbuild your stand already..

Tom, i sleep better at night with an over build stand....hahaha! Anything happen, like leak, tank come tumble down.....i'll be sleeping on the couch, and i don't have the most confortable couch :tongue1:

As for rocks, yes, you are so darn right, i over brought it. Its only 150 pound for 150g tank, i don't know it turn out to be so so so so so much.....now i'm gonna trade out the extra for corals....hahhaha!

Is that pukani rock from BRS? If so, you may want to cook it in some muriatic acid (if you didn't have plans to do so already)... that stuff is really dirty and people have had problems with it leaching phosphates.

If you look in my thread, the second picture down shows what was coming off of 10 lbs of rock mixed with water and muriatic acid.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/124241-my-daughters-solana-34g.html

Sorry for the hijack, nice build btw.

rcharliesam - thanks for the look out, i appreciate the feedback. Since i wasn't rushing, actually i can't rush, i don't have a freaking tank. The rock is been cure in salt water for a month already i think. I'm hoping it all leach out. That's a cool picture....lol, with all the foam. I'll check with another pukani rock user and see if he still have leach, i think he cure his rock for 2 month in saltwater.

Miracle is suppose to send me pictures of the tank, the tank was done last Wednesday with the overflow attached. I don't know what is taking so freaking long to send pictures. Their customer service sucks after you pay deposit. It seems as if they don't care much about customer service and don't appreciate your business that much. I have been sending email to them during the whole ordering process and changes, either they take several days to respond or never respond. Would go with a different tank builder if i have to redo it again.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: