fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well Im back in NY with my family and I finally get to start my build. Its been a year and a half since Ive had a tank setup and its freking killing me!. I picked up a used 125 and 55. They are in pretty bad shape as far as the trim and silicone. Im gonna reseal them and Im trying to get new top trim for the 125. The whole system will be the 125 for the DT, 55 for a 3 chamber sump and I will be adding a 40B display fuge also. Its going to take a while before I get water in them. I have to build a stand for the 125 and figure out how Im gonna hook the display fuge up. Im thinking of hanging the DF from the ceiling, directly over the DT so it can drain striaght into it, I have to start all over since I sold everything piece of equipment I had in Florida. Heres a crappy pic of the 2 tanks in my garage. Im gonna start cleaning them up and strip the old silicone out today. I cant think of a better way to spend Fathers Day! lol

Attachments

• Fish Tank pics.jpg
    Fish Tank pics.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 889

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice to see u back!! I guess Florida was no good?!?
Thanx man! Florida sux ass!! Theres NO work and evryone one tries to screw you! Plus, all my friends and connections are up here, so that makes things easier. Its great to be home!!

@Ken- Thanx man. I want to try and have the fuge run into the display. I know its not that big of a deal but I want the critters from the fuge to be able to flow freely into the mouths of my coral and fish:tongue1:

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Thanx man! Florida sux ass!! Theres NO work and evryone one tries to screw you! Plus, all my friends and connections are up here, so that makes things easier. Its great to be home!!

@Ken- Thanx man. I want to try and have the fuge run into the display. I know its not that big of a deal but I want the critters from the fuge to be able to flow freely into the mouths of my coral and fish:tongue1:

1+ LOL on the jobs. Wish you the best with your new set up buddy

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I need everything!! Im gonna start with the trim for the top of the 125 and then work on a RO/DI unit. From there Im going to work on the stand and get a 40B for the display fuge. Then I have to get the power heads,plumbing, pump( external with a manifold to feed the display fuge and dual reactors) and lighting. Im thinking of going with a 6 or 8 bulb T5 fixture. Im going to go 48" and hang it in the middle of the tank. Im going to do this so the sides will have less light for non-photos aned lower light corals. This will be the first tank that I will attempt SPS. I wanna build a pyrimid type structure and have all different lighting levels for a full mixed reef.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok, Im going a different direction. I just picked up Jerl77's 120 gal RR tank with a stand and 55 gal sump! Thanx again bro!!!
So Im going to set this system up for now because its pretty much complete. I still have to get a return pump and some powerheads. Then I have to get a decent skimmer. I figured I have some time to pick up a light. I wanted to grab Jerl's 8 bulb T5 fixture but I dont have the extra cash atm. So Im gonna set this system up and then work on doing a FOWLR with the 125!! My wifes gonna freaking kill me!!:theyareon
Updates soon!

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ok, Im going a different direction. I just picked up Jerl77's 120 gal RR tank with a stand and 55 gal sump! Thanx again bro!!!
So Im going to set this system up for now because its pretty much complete. I still have to get a return pump and some powerheads. Then I have to get a decent skimmer. I figured I have some time to pick up a light. I wanted to grab Jerl's 8 bulb T5 fixture but I dont have the extra cash atm. So Im gonna set this system up and then work on doing a FOWLR with the 125!! My wifes gonna freaking kill me!!:theyareon
Updates soon!

she doesnt know you picked up Jerl's 120G? ouch will you still be alive when i hand you the RODI or i have to bring if to your funeral lol jk good luck on the set up man wish you the best. Btw post pictures when you have a chance too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: