Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Finally upgraded... I'm currently out of work on temp disability and relied solely on local friends to help set this up. Big thanks to Danielle, Mark, And Jason...And thanks for everyone else that offered help. I can't lift or bend and couldn't have done it without you guys! Thanks.

BTW - THIS IS ALSO A BEDROOM TANK

EQUIPMENT
Elos System 70
Elos Cabinet
Elos Sump
Eheim 1250 return
Bubble Magus Doser
2x Mp10Wes [still need to upgrade one to wireless]
ATI 24" Sunpower [6 Bulb]
Dual Reefbrite 24" strips [1 50/50, 1 Blue] [in transit]
TLF Phosban 150
Reef Keeper Lite + SL1 [PH]

Bulb Configuration
4 ATI BLUE +
1 6500k
1 KZ FIGI PURPLE

Things to come
Skimmer

Initial thoughts:
- Beautiful extremely well made aquarium, very clean.
- Great dimensions [Width 29.5 Height 19.7 in Depth: 22.4]
- Small overflow box
- Cabinet is nothing more than IKEA, They come stock without a floor? - had to purchase, cut, & silicone in a piece of skinned melamine. purchased the white door as well but when i went to change it, it didn't fit. a +, its very good at containing the noise.
- Sump - confusing and really doesn't make sense, the functionality just isn't there in my opinion. Ill probably stick it out for a while simply because its clean.
- Stock Skimmer - eh, i actually broke the cup before i even set this up, didnt have high hopes for it anyways.

So excited to exit the nano realm for a while, i have been running them 4 years and have drooled over some of the available fish that i could never have.

This tank will be SPS dominated like my current build, with a minimalistic low rock-scape approach. i plan to transfer my rock and livestock tomorrow from my ADA tanks.

Ill be bringing along my mated firefish, Cleaner shrimp, Blue nano coral banded, fighting conch, and a few other inverts.

Here are some photos [ and a photo of my current tank from around 2 months ago which is also still set up]

I still have to clean everything up and add the rest of the equipment to the tank.

Attachments

• 3434.jpg
    3434.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,894
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,899
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,811
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,754
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Great start and u will love the bubble mag. Doser. Just 1 thing if u can try to get rid of those hose clams and put in the plastic ones with will be better so it will not rust out.. Best of luck.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Great start and u will love the bubble mag. Doser. Just 1 thing if u can try to get rid of those hose clams and put in the plastic ones with will be better so it will not rust out.. Best of luck.

Hey thanks! They are temporary. Elos supplied the drain/return combo for a different tank an they do not reach (lol)

So I extended them for the time being until I get my TLF ball valve and plastic clamps in the mail. (Monday)

I still haven't set up the doser. Seems very confusing an have been too drained to attempt it.

I'm going to transfer over tonight! Going to be fun but upsetting but I can't run both systems. I'm praying for a smooth transfer...!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Looks good. I don't know what your budget for the skimmer is, but take a look at the ATB Mikro. You might have to contact ATB USA (Victor) directly but it's worth a shot. I would also recommend a Warner Marine MF-121. Send Jon Warner a PM on R2R and see what he can do for you..

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Looks good. I don't know what your budget for the skimmer is, but take a look at the ATB Mikro. You might have to contact ATB USA (Victor) directly but it's worth a shot. I would also recommend a Warner Marine MF-121. Send Jon Warner a PM on R2R and see what he can do for you..

Hey E, Thanks for the info. Budget wise id like to stay between $200 an $300. I'm going to look into those skimmers and a few others.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Here's an update, its a mess. I don't have a glass cleaner and my hands were in the tank enough today but an updates an update.

My setup is completely transferred, I can't believe i had so much stuff in my nano lol.... scape came out great. Ill have to start rearranging and gluing this week. Im EXHAUSTED.

Heres some photos with whites, blues, etc.. Not the best and cleanest but i have no energy to clean it any further.

2-4.jpg

3-2.jpg

get-attachment-8.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: