Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I built a stand using rocket engineer's template from reef central for a 55g long. Going to pick one up tomorrow from petco, the lady said 55s are included yesterday while I was there, but she wouldn't sell me it at the discount :X.

I am also going to be starting a dose of Fauna Marine Algea X to help battle my hair algae.

Anyone have any recommendations for a CUC, my Melnarus wrasse seems to have a taste for hermits.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So I bought a 55 gallon tank from petco's $1 per gallon sale, going to use this as a QT. I built the stand for it last night which was fun.

Plan is next weekend to pickup 2/3 fish and begin the QT process. These will be the first fish I'm adding besides the mandarin in almost a year :x. I'm super excited!

CKgWv3d.jpg

F6SkfS2.jpg

LmMq3in.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
no its freshly made salt water. I started dosing fauna algea x in my display and it says no water changes until the treatment is over. Yeah I have to pickup some 3" pieces, but didnt feel lkke spending $8 a piece at home depot

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
theres a guy on rc selling a yellow, hippo and naso that I'm trying to get. he's in freehold 20 mins from ACC if you want to take a ride. he has some other stuff for sale you might like

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I currently have a 3" yellow tang, 2" hippo tang, and 4-5" naso tang in my QT.

I also picked up a 40 breeder from petco today, I plan on drilling it and plumbing it into my display to make a fuge.

Looking for someone to drill a hole in a 40 breeder for me. I have a gl*******s overflow kit that uses a OD 2 1/2" bulkhead. I bought it from a tank awhile ago, but do not have the bit to go with it.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Looking for someone to drill a hole in a 40 breeder for me. I have a gl*******s overflow kit that uses a OD 2 1/2" bulkhead. I bought it from a tank awhile ago, but do not have the bit to go with it.

lol....the word gl.a.s.s.h.o.l.e.s. got censored....hahaha
call r&r , they'll drill the holes for you cheap(er than lfs)....bring your tank with you next time you come to the office, r&r is not too far from paramus.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
So between yesterday & today I started work on my soon to be 40g breeder fuge.

Thanks to Anthony (thiry5, YOU MY BOY BLUE) the 40 breeder is drilled with a glass-holes overflow & a 1/2" return.

I built the stand today and was able to get my mixing barrels moved to a different part of the basement.

Basically the plan is to build a manifold from my return that will feed the fuge, display, reactors, and connect it to the drain you see with the barb hanging.

The fuge will be packed full of rock & macro algae.

The fuge will then drain into the sump in the DT's return area.

Enjoy the pics and more to come :)

TKwWqOv.jpg

aY8AROC.jpg

GEKRKh5.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Got the stand for the fuge sprayed with some polyuretheane and leveled it, placed tank on top and filled with my old dry rock.

Once my RO maker finishes making more water I'm going to add it to the tank and then throw a heater and powerhead in there to start the cycle. I figure I'll let the rock cycle separately before tieing it into my sump pictured below.

I plan on buying a different pump and going to use that to run a manifold, which will feed into the fuge & then have the fuge drain into the return section of my sump.

I have a 20g long sitting underneath the fuge that acts as my ATO tank.

91OT3ui.jpg

wHQ4tbB.jpg

DkyJIhL.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: