Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

The tank is doing great, cycling at the moment. Getting the usual ammonia spike, will keep testing and testing until its ready. I'm in no rush at the moment, just ordered the skimmer, MP10's and still need to buy the lights. I want to take my time with this one and have it exactly the way I wanted. Will keep you guys posted.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Started mounting the EB8 outlet from my Apex inside my cabinet now along with the Apex base unit. Will not mount the display unit just yet. I wanna build a control panel for the Apex display, Vortech controllers,etc.. It will go on the wall next to the tank, it will be stained and coated to match the stand.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

Just received my skimmer. Super Reef Octupus RO-PS 2000 int and 2 Vortech MP10 wireless pumps. I have to make an acrylic stand for the skimmer like the one sitting next to the skimmer. That stand was made for an Aqua C EV-240. The water level in my skimmer section is about 15 inches high.

554df065f07fe144c585b9a0104800ec.jpg

f74f14539b51bbf4a0e5aa84ca4f5233.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

Okay so I'm off today and already finished building the acrylic stand for the skimmer as the water level in that section is 15 inches high and the optimal water level for the skimmer is 5.75 to 6 inches. Installed the skimmer and I'm very impressed as to how quite it is, I mean its dead silent. Amazing! Breaking it in as we speak.

3ff5415a7cf42fcb3eb78732ecba2204.jpg

e61aca86616003592169d81546764575.jpg

Working on cable management today. I'm gonna hide the wires and cables as much and neat as possible. Also working on a piece of wood (stained and polyurethaned to match the stand) to put the Vortech controllers and Apex display unit. Will post more photos later.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

Okay, I finished the control panel for the MP10's and the Apex display unit. What do you guys think. Everything is velcroed plus the Velcro was crazy glued to the panel. I have these cool looking L shape brackets (very tiny) that I plan on using also for peace of mind. Even though there is a 2-3 inch clearance behind the tank. I don't think anything will fall inside of the tank. I don't anticipate splashing either as I'm going with lagoon reef crest mode. I don't want to many ripples on the surface of the tank, I'm not sacrificing flow either. Main pump is 2600 gph.

0af584be4ced7abb1b1f70336d9e1ee5.jpg

3a50c23015119fd34d8ed8a15c45971e.jpg

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
That's the plan for now. I hear you, legitimate concern there. I'll give it a shot. Might move them to the side of the tank or the bottom like you suggest. Nothing is set in stone as of yet. Thanks for the comment, appreciate it. That's why I started the thread, to embrace comments and suggestions.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I am actually agreeing with MatthewScar here. That is a pretty bad place to place it due to salt creep and splash.

I like mine accessible so I would probably suggest closer to the couch area where you can tinker while you sit. There won't be many times when you have to move the controllers. Only downside is people touching or hitting it.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I am actually agreeing with MatthewScar here. That is a pretty bad place to place it due to salt creep and splash.

I like mine accessible so I would probably suggest closer to the couch area where you can tinker while you sit. There won't be many times when you have to move the controllers. Only downside is people touching or hitting it.

I agree with you, the problem in my house are children. My kids already know not to touch the tank or the equipment but their friends are here all the time, that's one of the reasons I built the stand that high (45 inches high) I originally thought about setting the tank up in my bedroom, wished I did that actually. But I plan on a 300 deep dimension for the bedroom at some point.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: