Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

Just picked up 2 Ecotech Radions XR30w Pro. Very excited to see what these bad boys can do! Thanks to Prezzi for a great deal!

41a525735e6f90d061e0fdfd75407878.jpg

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

So I've been working on cable management inside the stand for a few hours now. Mounted the EB8, Apex Module, surge protector and the power supplies for the Radion Pros. Also tidy up a few cables and used cable clamps. Still have to make a custom bracket for my fuge light on the top. I plan on making some sort of track to adjust the focus where I need it.

018c2a54-bc19-4916-b9f9-10736d8f39e8.jpg

Here is a pic of how the sump area looks for now, it's still a work in progress.

1be74587e00b402f3e68bf99781bddaf.jpg

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Plumbing so far, not done yet.

be9cc08cd2b038c838b13481d29806b5.jpg

I got almost same plumbing, except , on the end of the branch valves i got one more valve , same size like top one, like by pass, if i feed the tank No need to shut off the return pump, also keep water flow on reactors, in special the bio pellets, i got check valve to keep water level on swamp , protein skimmer air IN take extend the hose outside (fresh air) Bio pellets reactor ,return line tide to Protein Skimmer in take water , to export the bad staff. Bio pellets Reactor must run 24/7 never, shut off (in my opinion). (sorry , i see the check valve, lol)

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I got almost same plumbing, except , on the end of the branch valves i got one more valve , same size like top one, like by pass, if i feed the tank No need to shut off the return pump, also keep water flow on reactors, in special the bio pellets, i got check valve to keep water level on swamp , protein skimmer air IN take extend the hose outside (fresh air) Bio pellets reactor ,return line tide to Protein Skimmer in take water , to export the bad staff. Bio pellets Reactor must run 24/7 never, shut off (in my opinion). (sorry , i see the check valve, lol)

Cool vio, I also have a valve after my drain just in case I need to work on the sump and want to keep the same water level on the DT. These valves are great, they come in handy.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Set up is looking nice,I want to clean mine up also.I got the skimmer sitting on some plastic tackle box with holes drilled in it and some egg crate.I like your stand it allows maximum flow through the sump chamber.What kinda glue did you use to attach the sides?

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Set up is looking nice,I want to clean mine up also.I got the skimmer sitting on some plastic tackle box with holes drilled in it and some egg crate.I like your stand it allows maximum flow through the sump chamber.What kinda glue did you use to attach the sides?

Thanks, I was going to use eggcrate but then changed my mind. I used Weld-On I believe. I had some left and used all of it. I'll go through my photos as I document everything, lol. There are many variations of Weld On though. Pretty easy once you make the precise cuts, then you heat it with a torch, nothing crazy just a pass through all the parts you glued. Hope this helps bro.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

Okay so I made a mistake. I rewired everything and organized all the cables so far ( I'm a neat freak if you haven't figure it out by now) and when I tried to put my ATO in there it won't fit. I'll either have to remove the Radion power supplies or build and ATO container. The dilemma is if I use my 10 gallon tank I'll be saving a few bucks, but in the event that it needs to be removed I will have to unscrew and remove the power supplies. I think I'm gonna build a custom ATO made out of acrylic. Since I build a stand for the skimmer already why not make a custom made water box? What a your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

I have been very busy at home, I haven't had time to update the thread, apologize for that. Okay so I installed the Radion Pros yesterday. Id like to thanks my buddy Joe (Jademan) for building them for me, the guys is the best, lol. Still learning the software and researching the templates and playing wih the configurations. I still need to work on cable management, hopefully will get some work done this afternoon. Here is a quick peak of the tank so far. The photo doesn't do the tank justice. It looks beautiful and vibrant in person. I think it's time for a real camera.

2a3576dcc5f5b057afefc571ad112515.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: