• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
sanmanreefer, where'd you get the light stands/brackers? are those adjustable?

My friend Joe (Jademan) made them for me, they're not adjustable as I knew where I wanted them. The brackets are 14 high, they can be moved up and down for adjustment if needed. I was going for a clean look so I asked him to build them like that. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My friend Joe (Jademan) made them for me, they're not adjustable as I knew where I wanted them. The brackets are 14 high, they can be moved up and down for adjustment if needed. I was going for a clean look so I asked him to build them like that. Hope that helps.
Thanks. I have two hanging brackets but I looked your look better. Good luck with the build!

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
So how are the MP10's working in this system?
How's the water movement? I have them also in a smaller tank,
just curious if they are strong enough for a tank your size.

The MP10's are working great. Believe it or not they're actually too strong if I crank them all the way. I have them running about 40% on Lagoon Mode. I don't want too many ripples on top, plus my return pump is big (2600 gph). It's also feeding my two reactors and I increased the size of the return line from 3/4 to 1 inch to decrease the flow going into the tank. Hope this helps bro.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

The tank is doing great so far, the lights are running at 15% so far as some corals were bleaching, will increase the intensity little by little. Have to get a better camera!

06d7f5931e8d15ef9a75e94a75798d45.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'm the process of getting a new digital camera, will post pictures very soon. The tank is doing amazing, lots of growth at the moment. Will start dosing Calcium, Alk and Magnesium this Friday. Tested today and my Calcium is 350ppm and the Magnesium is 1050. Nitrates are 1 and Phospahtes are 0.02. By the way, loving the Reef Octopus Skimmer.

4bd54fedff435b4fbc49d92bfc4d6e56.jpg

68af5f22cf1a11b74b5dc9e000b02dd8.jpg

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Haven't updated in awhile. In the process of buying a good digital camera, the photos on the IPad are not that great. The tank is doing great so far, corals are growing fast and in the process of adding a few more fish. Doing 5 gallon water changes weekly, changing the filter socks and cleaning the skimmer once a week also. Trimming the macro algae every two weeks, it's growing very fast. Will post more soon.

28207a975d5c7e47eaae530893bcc4ca.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: