annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
barely any progress so far as I kinda messed up. Going back to my mistake number 2 (I think). I should have checked but assumed that the reactors were using a 3/4" OD tubing so used 3/4" gate valves and ordered all the 3/4" PVC fittings for the reactors. Well, guess what? Yep. They are using the 12" ID tubing and I am now stuck with already cemented 3/4 gate valves.

Does anyone know if there are such PVC fittings that will reduce my diameter from 3/4 to 1/2 and do it with a slipxslip? I already know I can order smaller slip 1/2" bar inserts to connect my tubing to the reactors, but I need something to connect the 1/2" slip insert with the 3/4" opening of the gate valve.

Any one knows anything like hat?

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
They pretty much have them all the time. Sometime you could find threaded on the inside(reduction side) so you could buy straight barb (same store) and connect your tubing that way. Also you might want to go to lowes by kings plaza, that way if one store doesn't have it there is another across the lot.

annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Main drain is done!!! Still need to do the back up drain.
marenyje.jpg

I'm kinda stumped about how to hold up my manifold (which is finished Btw!) I got a hook for 3/4 pvc I have but it doesn't fit! Any other ideas how to hold it up?

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Main drain is done!!! Still need to do the back up drain.
marenyje.jpg

I'm kinda stumped about how to hold up my manifold (which is finished Btw!) I got a hook for 3/4 pvc I have but it doesn't fit! Any other ideas how to hold it up?

Since I'm lazy I would get a cabinet door handle screw it to the top and then zip tie it lol.

But not sure if it's necessary since it's going into your return bulkhead no?

annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Since I'm lazy I would get a cabinet door handle screw it to the top and then zip tie it lol.

But not sure if it's necessary since it's going into your return bulkhead no?

Since I only have 2 drilled holes and am doing a herbie overflow thing, my return will go over the back of the tank so I really need something to support the bulk of the manifold so that I don't put pressure in the glass of the tank

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Nice build. Following along. I have a 75 as well. Had to break it down and move it twice in the past 2 months. So annyoying. Finally finished setting it back up last night. can't wait to see it come together. where'd you get the lights? Good deal? I'm using the chinese LEDS

annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice build. Following along. I have a 75 as well. Had to break it down and move it twice in the past 2 months. So annyoying. Finally finished setting it back up last night. can't wait to see it come together. where'd you get the lights? Good deal? I'm using the chinese LEDS

Thanks! I got my radions from another member here. He literally used them less than 5 months but charged me 1/2 price! I was originally planning to go with the 2 of the 16" evergrow IT2040. But just couldn't pass up such a lot opportunity.

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks! I got my radions from another member here. He literally used them less than 5 months but charged me 1/2 price! I was originally planning to go with the 2 of the 16" evergrow IT2040. But just couldn't pass up such a lot opportunity.

1/2 price?!?! I need a deal like that.

Your build is inspiring me to go and plan my manifold. Have a few thoughts in my head. I'm thinking about adding a valve on the opposite side of the return to my DT and have it shut off until I can get to a future frag tank add on.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Hey man. Reno finally over?

Yes it is. Just looking for a small kitchen table & chairs and getting the stove hooked up. Besides that, just hung my lights last night lost a handful of corals so I'm going to be hovering over the marketplace.

I have plastic flex clear tubing I'm using for my return/overflow box. The hard plumbing looks so much neater and organized. Really nice job under the tank there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: