Rating - 100%
45   0   0
A member from reef central brought up to me the concern for ventilation. After speaking with him and polywise, I am going to add a vent fan to push air outside and a return line to bring fresh air from outside in. It will be controlled on a humidity controller and will turn on when needed.

Looks great perfect spot, it looks like you used that space for a wood stove which means you have a chimney behind, depending how big is that chimney you can probably send two pipes down for for ventilation and one for fresh air. Good luck and keep the pictures coming

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Looks great perfect spot, it looks like you used that space for a wood stove which means you have a chimney behind, depending how big is that chimney you can probably send two pipes down for for ventilation and one for fresh air. Good luck and keep the pictures coming

Thank you. You are right there was a wood burning stove there from the previous owner. The chimney is right on the back wall with a black cover on it. I will see what I can do with it.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I got around to painting the stand but I still have to finish the doors. I also added the sand and aquascape. I am currently working on the sump which should be ready by the weekend. I am starting to fill it up since it will take a few days.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I got the sump done and drilled the side for my reeflo dart pump. I added a 2" bulkhead with a valve and union to the intake of the pump. I came off the top of the pump with a 1 1/2" pipe followed by a union then continued the 1 1/2" pipe to split 2 ways to the returns which are also on a valve. I tee'd off before the valve for the returns and added a manifold of two 1/2" valves and two 3/4" valves. The two 1/2" valves will be used the the carbon and gfo reactors and the two 3/4" valves will be used to feed my uv sterilizer and separate fuge. I have also added some top down shots of the rock. It's hard to get a good pic because I have to try and get high up because of the 3 foot width of the tank.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Time for a update and this time it has water :groupflip

I have had the tank running now for a week and a half and I've been dosing Microbacter7 daily along with 2 raw shrimp in a filter bag. I am past the ammonia part of the cycle and my nitrites are peaking up. The sump is all plumbed in through a reeflo dart pump. My refugium is also plumbed in through a glass holes over flow box and overflowing back into the skimmer area of the sump. I have my skimmer in place but I am not running it yet till after the cycle is complete.

A few FTS's for you....

I installed 2 eye hooks to hang my lighting fixture from when the time comes.

The return area with the manifold for carbon, gfo and uv sterilizer. I also added a valve for whenever I need to take water from the tank for either water changes or to fill up a bag or bucket for frag dipping :wink1:

Skimmer area with the fuge overflowing and the uv sterilizer.

Some more random shots... enjoy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: