usctom

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Too Funny.

As far as painting after it is glued. I wouldn't worry about it doing anything to the glue.
married? man I just got out of college hah Iv been with the queen for 6 years though.

When she asked for a ring, I did the rational thing... I got her a yorkie puppy, got out of that one for another year or so.

Question: I ordered black Fusion spray paint for the plumbing but didn't want to wait the week to get it so I glued everything anyway. Can I still spray the plumbing after its been glued? Im worried the spray paint will mess with the pvc glue on the fittings.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Still need to paint the closet with a latex bathroom/ kitchen paint.

aryhany9.jpg

Herbie overflow plumbing done for the most part.

jeqatuzu.jpg

don't ask...

ba3e6asy.jpg

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Nice job on the pipe work but please tell me your swapping out those outlets for GFI's.
One other thing I notice is the return pump hard piped all the way. With the plumbing secured to the wall the wL it is and the pump hard piped the hum from vibrations is going to be pretty substantial. Consider cutting in a 6" piece of either spa flex or clear flexible tubing. Will do wonders for the sound level. You can also use pieces of magic eraser behind the pipes that are wall mounted. Just commenting from experience.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
update: so I redid the return plumbing because I didn't like how close the fitting was to the GFI outlet. I also added a ton of unions.

I still need to make the filter sock tray but need to wait till Monday when I'm off work. Dubs said he would help too.

8ume3a2u.jpg

the refugium is about 30 gallons. any suggestions on what to do with it for an sps tank? Miracle mud, sand bed, macro algae, frag tank...

LifeReef skimmer with Jabeo 6000, 8" cup, and Mazzei Venturi. ill do a full review on it when I get it going but so far it's the best "feeling" skimmer I have seen.

e3u4u5yr.jpg

yqyve3y5.jpg

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
a select few here on MR are responsible for the design and thought behind this tank. all I did was ask the right questions (most of the time) and put parts together

I don't plan on having all 5 outputs on the manifold running at all times. I wanted them there for future equipment. atleast I'll never run out of ports! one thing ill note is the Spears valves from bulk reef were well worth the extra cost.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Dont short change yourself here man...you asked questions, you got many answers, not all the same. At the end of the day it was your design well researched and thought out and vetted by everyone through your questions. Ultimately it's your build and with a spectacular execution so far!!! Can NOT wait to see the finished product!!!!

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
update: so I redid the return plumbing because I didn't like how close the fitting was to the GFI outlet. I also added a ton of unions.

I still need to make the filter sock tray but need to wait till Monday when I'm off work. Dubs said he would help too.

8ume3a2u.jpg

the refugium is about 30 gallons. any suggestions on what to do with it for an sps tank? Miracle mud, sand bed, macro algae, frag tank...

LifeReef skimmer with Jabeo 6000, 8" cup, and Mazzei Venturi. ill do a full review on it when I get it going but so far it's the best "feeling" skimmer I have seen.

Nicely done! Looks much better.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
thanks, Im surprised on how much time needs to be invested to get a system like this going. Progress seems slow but Im just taking it one task at a time. So hell yea ill take some credit hah!

Now all I need to do is take a obsessive and aggressive stand on a lighting method lol

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
thats a great setup very nice i did something very similar to that with the closet next to my tank wish i could have put a bigger sump but what i have is working out pretty good no more upgrades for me my 220 is the end

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: