frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
KathyC: have short arms. Will hold my son by his ankles to reach the bottom. lol.

Cali reef: Holes on the bottom are for two separate ocean motion for water movement. Front and right panel are starphire.

headlessblade: the tank is from miracle aquariums. i dealt with derek. paul from ocean motion, they both helped with the design. Great guys, will highly recommend. could of got tank a lot cheaper from Allglass but they only deal with 1/2 inch glass, and they have no input on the design. i prefered to go with 3 quarters of an inch glass and miracle aquariums had what i needed. here are some pics of the wall being framed around the tank.

Picturebeforetrip115.jpg

Picturebeforetrip112.jpg

Picturebeforetrip.jpg

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey Frank can u post a pic of overflow from the back. How is the craftsmanship of the tank form miracle aquariums.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Frank, you think you in puerto rico? Put some shoes on man.

I think the green tint is from the back glass showing through, as he said front and one side is starphire.

Originally the holes were going to be on the back, but were changed to the bottom. There's going to be some crazy flow in there.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Frank, lookin' good my man.

Are you going to have viewing on three sides? Since only the front and right are starphire I'd think only those are the open viewing panes. If that's the case, why didn't you have the back glass done in black?

R

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Twinreef-The tank has excellent craftsmenship here are a couple pics of the overflow, would highly recommend miracle aquariums.

Russ- only the front and right panel are viewable, the reason why i didnt paint the back panel black is so when im in thne back of the fish tank room i can see what is goin on int he tank, i will be making a removable black or aqua blue panel, havent decided on the color yet.

Twinreef here are a couple of pics.

Picturebeforetrip128.jpg

Picturebeforetrip127.jpg

Picturebeforetrip126.jpg

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
very nice. If u don't mind me asking, why did u do with the overflow on side instead of the back? What would be the pros or cons?

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
paul, from ocean motion suggested we put the hose in the bottom of the tank, shoot the water to the right panel creating a vortex back up into the overflow in the left panel so the water motion would be from left to right. He said a couple of people have done this with their panel and have been happy with the results, i dont know of any pros or cons, guess ill find out when i run the system.

manyfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'AM 265g owner too,good luck with the set up, P.S I see the stand is tall.great view to see in the tank, my stand is 36in high with the tank made it 67in tall, get yourself a good ladder. ha,ha,ha post so picture will you finish

T

twinreef

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
paul, from ocean motion suggested we put the hose in the bottom of the tank, shoot the water to the right panel creating a vortex back up into the overflow in the left panel so the water motion would be from left to right. He said a couple of people have done this with their panel and have been happy with the results, i dont know of any pros or cons, guess ill find out when i run the system.

Thanks. Sounds like ur going to have nice water movement. It would be cool to go and check it out one day.

manyfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
give me couple of days,I have a digital video camera that i trying to work with maybe i should buy a book (camera for dummies) ha,ha, I will post my tank for you and the MR family

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Russ you dont need no invite, jus call me when you wanna come over. Here are a couple pictures of me and my daughter cleaning the inside of the tank and installing bulkheads for installation of plumbing. Started plumbing today, only had a couple hours to work on it , will be back to work tomorrow so only have a couple hours a day. Will keep posting pictures on progress. Remember guys this my daughter so keep it clean.

Picturebeforetrip130.jpg

Picturebeforetrip131.jpg

Picturebeforetrip132.jpg

Picturebeforetrip133.jpg

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Plumbing looks great. Now i get a better feel for the length of this moster. The fishies are getting their mansion built as we speak, those lucky mofo's!

Use as many unions as you can, it makes cleaning it alot easier.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: