frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
hi guys finished plumbing the bottom of the tank, have the two closed loops finished. paul wil deliver the new sump tomorrow in the evening, will test for leaks on saturday. here are a couple of pics.

Picturebeforetrip138.jpg

Picturebeforetrip137.jpg

Picturebeforetrip134.jpg

Picturebeforetrip139.jpg

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Holy plumbing, looks nice and neat.

Need another full room shot to see how it looks.

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
thanks guys no problem if u wanna stop by with paul i can use ur advice, maybe we can swap ideas since ur almost going with the same size tank. good luck with ur chritsmas project. pedro heres a couple more pics of a full shot of the room i am not as good with camera unlike u
Picturebeforetrip140.jpg

Picturebeforetrip141.jpg

Picturebeforetrip142.jpg

P

Pedro

Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Yup, just as Cali stated. There will be elbows above the sand. With the amount of pressure coming out i don't see any sand getting in there.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
those darts are like fire hoses at low head. How exactly are the returns going to be plumbed? Will they be just elbows over the sand or pipes running through the rock work up to various points? Just curious as to the final plumbing. Also, do you know how much flow the overflow is rated for?

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I know people with sand in tanks like his. the sand will help hide the PVC ells needed to direct the flow to where needed.
I'm sure if any sand gets in that plumbing. those OM are going to be a bad investment. I had an Ocean motions about 2 years ago and when sand got in there the drums would stick. pretty bad problem if it does. if you can keep the sand out. OM are the best,

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I'm sure if any sand gets in that plumbing. those OM are going to be a bad investment. I had an Ocean motions about 2 years ago and when sand got in there the drums would stick. pretty bad problem if it does. if you can keep the sand out. OM are the best,

That is why I asked. Sand + OM = $&^@%^&.:banghead:

And the way the 4-way is buried under the stand will make pulling the drums out for cleaning (you will have do a lot of that if you run sand or Kalk) VERY DIFFICULT.

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The answer to all ur questions is yes, i will have a bed of sand, the ocean motions will have a 45 degree angle, 2 and 1/2 inches above the sand bed behind the rocks. there will be one tee with two locklines, 3/4 inch from each hole. each lockline containing a 3 inch nozzle, hopefully i will not get sand in the oceanmotion, the reason i went with 2 seperate systems was due to maintenance, one will always be running while the other is maintained, hopefully this will work no one said it would be easy.

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Went by Frank's house yesterday to drop off his sump. If all my customers were like Frank I would quit my day job, :lol2:.

His design is nice but I was not impressed by Miracles. It could have just been an off day for them and I know they are supposed to be one of the best. And I know for sure that their warranty and customer service is the best! But for the amount of money that was spent I'd be a little upset.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: