Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here you go steven,

I just took the locline attachment off and the penductor screws right in. I ordered a couple Black 1" Couplings to lower it more because i heard the vortex makes alot of noise and sucks in air if too close to the surface.

seaswirl1.jpg

seaswirl2.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok sorry i havn't posted any new pics for you guys my computer is under a piece of plastic among a big pile of other stuff...

The tank is getting disassembled tonight and everything will be transfered into rubbermaids for the weekend. The condo upgrade is going well, crown molding almost finished, bathroom, kitchen is painted, bedroom getting painted tonight, and the living room is scheduled for tommorrow while the tank is down.

It's going to be a busy weekend but as of now the plan is disassemble tonight, re-plumb tank and new sump/chiller + wire new canopy saturday while the paint dries, transfer everything back into the tank sunday. I'll take pics along the way. :)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Good luck with everything Wes. It sounds like a very busy weekend ahead. My recommendation, get extra plumbing fittings from HD and Lowes, because you'll invariably need more and the odds are it will be after they're closed :banghead:

R

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks for the tip Russ :) i threw a couple extra of this and that in my cart to be safe but Murphy's Law says i'll be making another trip this weekend.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Here you go steven,

I just took the locline attachment off and the penductor screws right in. I ordered a couple Black 1" Couplings to lower it more because i heard the vortex makes alot of noise and sucks in air if too close to the surface.

Whats a pedunctor?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
upgrades

everything looks really nice, but out of curiousity, why are you switching to mh ? how many t5's were you running ? i am currently thinking of getting a seaswirl myself, can't wait to see it finalize

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i switched to MH because i want to see if it's easier to get better color w/ acros. I have not been able to match color of other tanks i have seen using MH so I made a switch. I used 4 bulbs overdriven, stuff grew, color was never great.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ok now for some pics :)

First a few before pics from the last night before disassembling.

WF_0008.jpg

WF_0009.jpg

WF_0010.jpg

Now some pics from Friday night when the tank was coming down...

WF_0014.jpg

WF_0015.jpg

Finally Empty at 3 am and the contractors will be here in 4 hours :tired:
WF_0016.jpg

Buddy says, "What a Mess!"
WF_0018.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
molding goes up and first coat of paint on the tank wall first thing saturday morning because it was numero uno on the priorities.
WF_0020.jpg

hood was perfect except i had to cut a notch out to fit the seaswirl.
WF_0022.jpg

molding done, paint dry...time to get started.
WF_0023.jpg

Hole going to utility closet where the chiller is.
WF_0024.jpg

WIFE: "Honey, have you seen my yoga mat?"
WES: :theyareon
WF_0025.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
time for the dry fit. One pump supplies everything.

WF_0026.jpg

WF_0027.jpg

WF_0028.jpg

DIY coil denitrator, 75 feet of tubing coiled in there w/ bioballs in the middle.
WF_0031.jpg

WF_0032.jpg

gotta tap this contraption to supply the denitrator:
WF_0033.jpg

WF_0034.jpg

WF_0035.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
it's starting to come together:
WF_0037.jpg

WF_0038.jpg

my chiller closet....wife likes to call it the laundry closet :rolleyes:
WF_0039.jpg

took a pic last night while i was fitting the hood, didnt end up fiting like this and had to go parallel instead of perpendicular to get the actinics in.

WF_0041.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
and here is the condo in it's condition tonight...still have a bit more cleaning up to do, but i think everything looks great. Love the molding and the wife did a good job w/ the colors imo.

WF_0042.jpg

WF_0045.jpg

and thats it for now, sorry no new close ups yet. Havn't cleaned the glass yet, camera is dead and i am exhausted! Thanks for looking, more pics coming soon. :)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thank you :)

took a couple tank shots today, the way my rocks are arranged now makes alot more room for corals. ;) Some of my corals do not look too happy about the move, hopefully they like the new setup.

IMG_0762.jpg

WF_0052.jpg

WF_0051.jpg

WF_0057.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: