KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Wow Wes! I have to echo what everyone else said, the tank & the condo look great! Very nice score on the new frags too!
Interested in the answer to Timbers question as I have a Seaswirl & a penductor sitting here that I was thinking of DIYing into my cube canopy..:)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the penductor seaswirl combo is working out good fore me...I've had no problems w/ leaking or anything thus far.

Thanks Kathy!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
no i havnt taken any pics in a while..I'll take some tommorrow.

The frags are all in their new spots and i got some new zoas.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
some of my zoanthid frags.

zoanthids.jpg

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
thanks...

heres a FTS i just took. Still have some growing to do lol.

fts24AUG2007.jpg

here's a shot of my bonzai coming back from the dead. I almost lost it to STN a few months ago and only managed to save a tiny piece that was completely brown. It seems to like the new digs. Purple is coming back.

bonzairecovering.jpg

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wes,

When you get a chance can you post some more pics of you seaswirl/penductor setup? How do you have them mounted? Did you use the return coming from the overflow?

Steven

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Steven Ill take some pics of the actual seaswirl setup. I return is hooked up to it via flex hose up and over the back. The return bulkhead in the overflow i turned it into an Emergency overflow standpipe, that sits a little higher than the overflow drain. Nothing drains from it, unless the normal drain clogs and the water level rises.

Not sure if that makes sense i'll take some pics. My return goes from sump -> chiller -> seaswirl...Flex hose made it alot easier to plumb with less head pressure because of the lack of need for 90 degree elbows, etc.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
a few more pics. I like these Reeflux 10K but I am thinking about trying out the 12ks to see if i like them better...The blues really look nice under these bulbs, but some other colors like pink and orange, kind of look washed out.
wf_195.jpg

wf_194.jpg

wf_193.jpg

wf_192.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: