nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Many of you are gonna say "Here we go again", but it's really not that. I have to move my off level 29g, so I figured it would be the perfect time to upgrade slightly, giving my coral and fish just a little more room to grow out. I'm moving to a 40 breeder, since I still have the stand for it and it just happens to fit perfectly into my plans.

Lighting is gonna be the same 150DE pendant. I know its a little to little for the sides, but softies and LPS aren't gonna need a TON of light and that should be good enough for them.

As for the aquascape, I plan on two pillars. A larger one on the left and a smaller on the right. The front and right side of the tank are viewable so I figure this would be the best way to go about it. Leaving about a 6-9inch space inbetween the islands/pillars for SPS directly in the middle of the tank. I'll place monti caps and certain easier to care for SPS frags, so they'll be right under the halide.

Flow is going to be most likely from a Mag 7 on a closed loop and a Tunze 6025. Hoping to have the closed loop enter the tank in about 3 places for random moderate flow.

Very shallow sandbed but might add more later.

Hope to have pics up this weekend or early next week depending on how things go.

Lets not hate on Kris, please. This tanks been up for about a year, so I'm due for a little upgrade.

Thanks for reading.
-Kris

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Kris, I'm lighting my 40Br with 1x175w 14K MH and I've put a bunch of different SPS corals under it. I keep them closer to the surface of the water and towards the middle, and it all seems to be find.

Thanks for the input Lissa. I should be good with the current set up, since the 40 br is a much shallower tank a few SPS should be fine in the center.

Mark,
:fishhit::irked:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Some pics...

Attachments

• 100_0199.JPG
    100_0199.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 379

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: