Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Things have been better but not getting worse:smile: Had Knee surgery this past summer and two weeks ago my tank split open lost half of my corals and yesterday lost the last of my fish( don`t know why) from my display tank. Thanks for asking. Tim

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well the next step I took was the electrical wall. Right now the fridge is there but it is being moved to the otherside of the kitchen. Then I will be making a 42"x42" closet w/ steel shelves and a 2" drain. It will house all the lighting equiptment, chiller, external skimmer, external return pump, RO/DI, controller, supplements and possibly top off bucket. In the ceiling I have a large panasonic whisper exhaust fan which will be on a timer so that when the lights are on so is it. I also have a 50 pint per day dehumidifer going in it also. There is a 2' opening from this closet to the back of the tank. I decided on this so that the heat from the lights have room to circulate more and the exhaust can pull it out. The electrical wall is made of 3/4" plywood instead of sheetrock. Now I can screw everything to it and not have to worry about hitting a beam ;) I painted it a waterproofer and I will do the same to the walls and ceiling

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
here are a few pics

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
:eek: WTF????????? Two days ago there were bare walls. Now there are liminarcs,ballasts controllers etc... all mounted! Wow! Nick your not wasting any time. I guess it's all that time you have now hanging around the house recuperating.
Being that you have time come over and start on my upgrade which will never start because I have no time.:lol2:

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Tobin Im using a profilux controller it will control the 2 powerbars mounted on the wall ;) Also I need you to come by and help me figure out how to do the finish work. Call me tomorrow

Harry its moving at a turtles pace for me lol. The floors going down tomorrow. And then it will take 3 days to finish it. So once its finished ill have the tank up and being filled. Should take a couple of days to fill the tank and in those couple of days ill have the whole thing ready to run. And then start workiong on how to finish the front to hide everything

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: