ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Geraldo: Thanks. That's your live rock! I cooked it for a few months. One day you have to stop by if you are in the hood.

Josh: Thanks. I'm going to get the 1260 eventually (next month). I just spent too much recently and the skimmer pump will have to wait. Getting a new tunze 6105 on Monday.

Lenny718: Thanks for your kind words.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Latest picture:

IMG_0913.jpg

Still need to wire up my ballasts.......and pick up some critters and dry goods from HOF

Hope I get used to the no sand look......

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Eventually sps but for now I have to take some baby steps :)

Josh: The 6105 appears to be fine. I like the look compared to the bulky 6100 and 6101's. The 6105 produces nominally more flow than the 6100. I went with Tunze since I already had a 6100. Eventually I'll get another 6105 and possibly a nano-wavebox. The pump is also very quiet. The build quality is excellent and customer service is outstanding. I don't think you can go wrong with ecotechmarine's vortech either.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Pretty sure this is hair algae. If anyone could chime in please do so. Need to hook up the phosban reactor (haven't had a chance to go to Lowes to pick up some tubing) which I should have before I placed the fish in two weeks ago. API test reads 0 on phosphates and Salifert test on nitrates reads 0 but I know that's not accurate.

IMG_1016.jpg

Some skimmer shots 72 hours of skimmate

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
looks like bryopsis to me too. Get that phosban online, check your magnesium and bump it up if you can. I had some bryopsis and keeping mag at ~1500 knocked it down in a few weeks. hows the skimmer? did you get the 1260? you must have because that wedge pipe is open pretty far.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
mray: Thanks for the ID.

Josh: Thanks as well. I didn't get the 1260 yet...but I am running the 1250 with a meshwheel. I am going to upgrade once my bioload increases.....Plus I have to build a stand for my skimmer since right now it's 8" deep....I was told by Victor optimal height is 6.75 to 7". Either I build a stand or try to get my sensor on the osmolator lower.

I think I do have some slight hair algae on one of my rocks though. Tough to get a good pic but I believe it was there to begin with and just came alive with the lights.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Got a cleaner crew from HOF today (Thanks Jim). Hopefully they will take out some of the bryopsis. Also had my phosphates tested by Jim and they were at .05. The bryopsis is spreading a little bit as well as some hair algae that was previously on the rocks.

Don't know if I should try the Tech M (Mag supplement) yet. Probably should wait it out a few days.

I think scraping the bryopsis off of the glass would do more harm since it would spread it around the tank.

I'll post some recent pics shortly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: