emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Thanks all I don't know if the rio minisun light is enough for the zoas so I will either make a diy led light or just buy the 3 gallon deco aquarium cause it comes with a 18 watt pc light for $50 at drfostersmith I just don't know if there will be heat issues with that light .

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Oh, you could have got the fan from me yesterday! I brought many DIY parts along. BTW, DIY LED can go in tandem with the fan as they can both use 12VDC. You should also have raise the same questiona bout the 18W PC as I have that in the Moonlight Demo Tank which I can turn it on to show you. 9W LEDs is way stronger than 18W PC!!!

Last edited:

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I wasn't thinking too clear yesterday I had things to do and ended up waiting for someone to pick up stuff that never showed up I meant to come back to you to at least get the 3 led's to try out but i didn't even get the chance to say good bye to anyone I apologize to all for that It was great to see you all and finally meet some people face to face .
I ended up getting a light today from homedepot it looks really nice cost $40 has 30 led'sthey say 1 watt max i dont know if thats each or combined but the power supply is 12v 250ma I am going to try to get a stronger regulated power supply and over drive them if they burn out its ok I can always use the housing of the fixture for a DIY light
these 30 led's look like they make less light than 3 of wingo's but the fixture is realy cool i'll post some pics maybe tomorrow

Last edited:

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
heres the light

Attachments

• pico-light.jpg
    pico-light.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 181
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
If they use 5MM LEDs, 1W per 12 LEDs is the general numbers.

The white LEDs in my "Comparing My Apples with Their Oranges" examples were dial down already so that you guys can look directly at it. When operating in the normal condition, a single, not to menton all 3, LED of mine can out shine the fixture you just bought.

Hey you know what if you burn your fixture save and put mine LEDs in. Your setups looks very Sci-Fi. Interesting.

NOTE: 1W of 5mm LEDs are not the same as 1W Power LED and of course not the same as Power LED optimized by me.

I wasn't thinking too clear yesterday I had things to do and ended up waiting for someone to pick up stuff that never showed up I meant to come back to you to at least get the 3 led's to try out but i didn't even get the chance to say good bye to anyone I apologize to all for that It was great to see you all and finally meet some people face to face .
I ended up getting a light today from homedepot it looks really nice cost $40 has 30 led'sthey say 1 watt max i dont know if thats each or combined but the power supply is 12v 250ma I am going to try to get a stronger regulated power supply and over drive them if they burn out its ok I can always use the housing of the fixture for a DIY light
these 30 led's look like they make less light than 3 of wingo's but the fixture is realy cool i'll post some pics maybe tomorrow

Last edited:

nick96ss

That thing got a HEMI ?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
seen it in person it was a
swamp-stomp-2008-116.jpg
......sorry just had to manny :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: