LiquidSky

Lost Norwegian reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never posted a pic of the aquarium when new (early 07) in the start of the thread. It is done in two layer metallic car paint brush. Made in Germany.
So for those who wonders how the Deltec Softline aquariums look like, here it is:
Deltec softline Porsche silver 200*80*85 cm -1360 litres - 360 gallons
softline_new.jpg

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Beautiful! Did any of your angels develop a taste for a specific coral? I am considering getting another angel, but I like to have a few softies.

The imperator, flame and regal are three awesome fish. It would be great if I could have a few angels, but I would have a hard time sleeping at night!

Alfred

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Awesome tank!!!!! I love all the Angels. I have a flame angel in my 75 that developed a taste for acans. He ate 3 frags on me 2 weeks after being in the tank. Did you ever have these probs with them, especially the bigger angels?

LiquidSky

Lost Norwegian reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alfredo: I mostly keep sps in this tank, and if you are thinking about sps corals, I would say that they have developed a special taste for some of the Pocillopora spp and A. millepora. They dont kill them, but keep the polyps quite short in most cases.

fishman:
I generally dont keep Acans/Blastomussa/Lobophyllia corals in this tank cause of the large angels. But they seldom kill them if they are not too hungry. But I also love butterflies, which is much worse, so I just keep some LPS species in this tank.

Thats why it's super important to keep water quality optimal at all times, som the corals grow/heal fast enough in a such type of system.

I have other tanks where I keep those kinds of corals.

Last edited:

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
LiquidSky: I had mostly SPS in a 180, but I do like having some softies to add "motion". Once I finish re-aquascaping my tank and all of the frags have grown out I may risk it. I also love butterflies, but they are more of a risk than angels...

I guess I will have to still with a couple of Heniochus instead of butterfly fish and stick with a Regal angel and if I am especially daring I may try a flame angel...

Alfred

LiquidSky

Lost Norwegian reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are probably wise doing so.. hehe

Most ppl call me crazy, but my dream was to keep my favorite fishes in a reef tank, and my dream has come true.

But it is no secret that it generates more work in keeping the tank healthy, both when it comes to nipping and nutrients in the water.
But today, I would never change, and glad I did the stunt :splitspin

Flying back home from Christmas holidays tomorrow,, allways exciting to see the tank after a while away.
I have ppl looking after the tank, and I'm told that everything looks normal. But this is not aquarists with "trained eyes"

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: