Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Did a little plumbing. Getting closer...

IMG_0214.jpg

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
One step closer. The reactor and chiller are plumbed in. I also added a second manifold brace. (Yes it's crooked. Too late now to fix it.)

Tomorrow the UV bracket should come in. Once that's plumbed in, I can cement the pvc and fill it. YEAH! Finally!

IMG_0217.jpg

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The tank is finally filled. What a stressful day!

IMG_0219.jpg

I hope I did good. I want a Jaw fish, so I put a layer of rock down first, then the sand, and then finally the rest of the rock.
The tank was really cloudy, so I just took the rock from the buckets:
IMG_1596.jpg

And randomly threw them in the tank:
IMG_1597.jpg

And this is what I ended up with:
IMG_1598.jpg

I think I need more rock. There is "supposedly" 85 pounds in there (a bunch is buried)... Either way, I still have flow issues to work out.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I had to redo the plumbing. It had too many restrictions. I also upped the pump size.
The return bulk head was replaced. I could not get the threads to stop leaking, so we used a slip style bulkhead and cemented it.

IMG_1600.jpg

I also got a lot more rock.. No aquascaping has been done yet...

IMG_1603.jpg

More to come this weekend.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
nice plumbing work.

what is the part you used in your manifold that connects the soft vinyl tube to your reactors? the piece that connects the pvc to the soft vinyl tube.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
nice plumbing work.

what is the part you used in your manifold that connects the soft vinyl tube to your reactors? the piece that connects the pvc to the soft vinyl tube.

3/4" thread to 1/2" barb adapter... The hardware store calls 5/8" barbs 1/2". Home Depot had the correct ones. They are made of white nylon instead of pvc.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Redid the aquascaping. I had to have a buddy come over and MC the move. I'm terrible at tetris :)

We used the driveway markers from home depot. The structure is rock solid (pun intended). The water was lowered (removed 30G) and we drilled the rocks in the tank.

I'm really satisfied with how it turned out. I was so excited, I couldn't wait for the sand storm to fully settle.

The tank is viewed from the front and left, so this is the money shot:

IMG_0265.jpg

The other side still looks cool:

IMG_0267.jpg

There is one orange stake showing on the top left. It will get covered with epoxy eventually. (ignore the floating orange and white dots)

IMG_0266.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: