Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
n e updates keith?

The tank has been empty for a while.

I has hydroids, so I nuked all the rock. First a week long bleach bath, then a quick muratic acid bath.

The rock is now recurring. I may be moving soon, so I have to put the tank on hold until we relocate :hammer:

On a side note, I didn't do a water change for 5 weeks on my Nano 12G. My prize? Hair algae! LOL. I love this hobby.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Time for a big update. We moved to a new apartment. I plan on being here for at least 6-7 years. Finally a semi-permanent dwelling!

It took over a month to get an electrician to install power for my tank's new home.
2 dedicated 20A circuits:

IMG_0478.jpg

New RODI and water making station (work in progress):
IMG_0480.jpg

Now we just need to hang the lighting, tweak the plumbing, aquascape, and fill. :givebeer:

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
A little more progress.

IMG_1671.jpg

I'm going to eliminate the eye bolts and put in 2 pulleys, fibrous rope, and a cleat. That should take the chore out of lifting the 38 lbs fixture.

I juts need a new bulk head and we can get wet again :thrash:

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thats looks nice, Im not a fan of sand beds, but that one looks nice tied onto the rocks.

The sand bed is required for the Blue Spotted Jawfish I am planning.

The rocks are actually REALLY large. They go all the way to the base of the tank. By burying half of the rock, it makes them look smaller and more proportional to the tank.

I'm building a 1/4" mesh top for the tank this weekend.

Last edited:

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
That is a great thread to follow.
I like the plumbing, wondering if you considered going straight up with the return to the tank for max flow.

I have considered redoing the plumbing. This weekend is my last chance before everything is wet.

I don't have a ton of turn over between my sump and display.
A Vortech MP-20 will be suppling most of my display's flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: