Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm finally close enough that I feel it's time for a tank thread. I've been collecting parts for this build for about 4-5 months.

The tank is an OCEANIC Tech 70 (I think it's actually 65 gallons though).
The Ikea book shelf does a good job holding the chiller. All I had to do was cut the back of it out.
The faux lock-line was swapped for real, made in the USA, Lock-Line. The cheap bulkheads were replaced with better ones as per the recommendation of a knowledgeable buddy. (Thanks House!)

IMG_0204.jpg

The Starboad is siliconed down. I now know that it is probably not necessary, but I owned it, so it was staying in :)

IMG_0182.jpg

Why must cats always jump into new tanks??!!?? (I know mine is not the only one that does this)

IMG_0180.jpg

A Custom King sump fits perfectly and leaves room for two NEXT REEF reactors. Custom King is no joke! I am 110% satisfied with my sump. I gave Custom King minimal info on my setup. Just the make/model of my skimmer and pump and the foot print that the sump could use. BEAUTIFUL work!

IMG_1565.jpg

The pump is a Mag 9.5 (Thanks finksmart ) and the skimmer is an Octopus Extreme 160

IMG_1564.jpg

More to come. This tank should be up and running by the end of the week.

Tomorrow: Mounting Wingo moon-light modules (not strips) under the euro-bracing of the tank.

Last edited:

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
New Tank!

Keith,

Hello. Everything looks great. I can't wait to see your tank up and running shortly. I'm looking forward to following your thread as the tank matures over time. Thanks again for your business it's greatly appreciated. Glad you're happy with your sump.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Here is my LED Moon light install.

I started with wedges of nylon I made. A mitering chop saw made quick work of the nylon.
IMG_1567.jpg

Used silicone to glue them to the LED modules. A nice 15 degree angle.
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

I also wanted a way to keep the wires neat.
IMG_1574.jpg

The adhesive backing was removed before siliconing them in place.
IMG_1573.jpg

The lights look great. They angle in nicely. It reminds me of theater lighting.
IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

The wiring came out pretty neat.
IMG_1584.jpg

And totally stealth from the outside. The external wiring will be hidden by the light fixtures bracket (in the works).
IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: