albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Are you gonna leave the 90g hanging over the edge like that?
YES I AM...but it will have a longer/heavier board under it for support...point is to have overflow dump directly into sump (and YES Kris, that IS your old tank)
can't wait to see that bad boy filled up and all of your equipment in action.
YOU can't wait!...that 'bad boy' has been sitting for a year while I've planned and re-planned...I can't wait!
By Thanksgiving huh? Get a move on it! Can't wait to see how it will be plumbed. Also will you be taking down the other 2 DT tanks?
Yeah ASAP...plumbing will be interesting...although I am hoping to go with the multiple surge tanks, I am also going to drill the tank for a closed loop, so if I ever need it, it's there! 2 other DTs will come down after change-over, hopefully by year end... :shhh:(or Easter)

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
UPDATE: some progress...part of rear wall was removed (rest of sheetrock will be removed later) for easy access to back of tank...when ready, tank will be moved back within a few inches of wall...drilled the tank, last nite, for bulkheads, did 6 for 'failsafe' overflows (3 on each side), 2 surge/ CL returns (pic shows returns are adjustable 'aim' 45* clear PVC, may use eductors on returns) and 1 CL drain

bulkheads_005.jpg

bulkheads_001.jpg

bulkheads_002.jpg

bulkheads_010.jpg

bulkheads_009.jpg

bulkheads_006.jpg

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
DAmn! Things look good. I Like your Return elbows! I must be there when this puppy gets filled and you hit the ON button..:splitspin

knockout

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
there is nothing else to say but... WOW!!!! keep the updates coming, I am hooked on this thread now and forever!!! I am going to be watching the sale threads for anything you sell... it will be my excuse drive 2.5 hours to check this out in person!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
YEAH, I KNOW ! I missed my thanksgiving deadline. BUT, I meant to say Christmas and I have plenty of other excuses, too! Still waiting for a few parts, just rec'd Ocean Motion for closed loop, today, hope to pick up Dart pump at swap. Lots to do, but no time. Just set up 90g tank for a friend in Danbury, (he will be joining MR soon) etc,etc,etc... As a few members that have been to my home the past 2 weeks have seen, I set up another 120g holding tank and have been working on some 'custom' rocks, that should look pretty good after a few months in the tank, thinking to 'plant' chalice, montis, ricordeas, or xenia on branches.

120g holding tank and sump

custom_rock_010.jpg

custom_rock_011.jpg

custom rock

custom_rock_012.jpg

custom_rock_009.jpg

custom_rock_018.jpg

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
hmmmmmmthat zenia looks familiar lmfao enjoy and put it on the bottom of the massive rock you have and let it grow up lol

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Glad that so many people liked my custom rock...but, I'm no artist...I basically took artificial coral (cut it up), plus some live rock & dead coral, and did some 'cut and paste' work. Once it gets covered with coraline, and different polyps/live coral, :shhh: hopefully no one will know! Still waiting for 'flex PVC' for Closed Loop, soon as pipe is installed, can water test tank and fittings. Couple of pics, nothing special...
pic 1: I think that I'm finally finished drilling the tank, I now have 5 bulkheads for CL, 6 for overflow (2 are emergency use), 2 for surge tank returns, and 4 for seaswirl returns.
pic 2: Wall is opened-up to sump room, can move tank back against wall as soon as CL is done.
pic 3: I 'mapped-out' the foam board under the tank, broke it down into 8 sections, to make it easier to plan out aquascaping
bulkheads_002_809936.jpg

bulkheads_003.jpg

bulkheads_005_472320.jpg

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
thats a nice size tank. is it going to be a mixed reef?
A VERY mixed reef...I'm putting the contents of my original 170g LPS tank, and 130g softie tank, adding my 130g SPS tank, with a sprinkle of new pieces (from guys like you), that are now in a small frag tank and spare 120g...CAN"T wait to shut down ALL the extra tanks! Here's some pics of those tanks (thanks to reefs4life...these and lot more are in the thread about my present system http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/60301-dream-come-true-setup-albanos-house.html )
p5181087.jpg

p5181106.jpg

p5181080.jpg

frag_tank_003.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: