albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
decided to run separate RO for house (refrig/ice maker), and second unit, 75 gpd for fish tank alone
PVC 009.jpg
don't even bother, to go to Home Depot, for PVC fittings....I got them ALL
PVC 002.jpg
PVC 001.jpg
PVC 007.jpg
heres a shot of my manifold (no restrictive 90* turns)...main line is return to tank, 4 feeds for skimmer, surge tanks, reactors, and 1 'emergency' line to circulate water thru sump.
PVC 011.jpg
pic of back of tank...6 overflows, 2 surge returns, 5 lines for closed loop
PVC 013.jpg
last pic shows 1 of 2 eductors on closed loop, that are aimed at opposite corners
PVC 016.jpg

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
ok now lets see some water
I've got water in it!...just NOT salt water (for testing bulkheads and fittings)...I'll post a pic
Wow, the flow is going to be pumpin in this bad boy!
Hopefully, with all that, and 3 vortechs, I'll have plenty of flow...have to speak to Dace about it!

omg he made progress, gonna need to sell some of them corals to pay for all the pvc you got there
Yeah, a little progress!!! I bought alot of 'extra' PVC, so if I need it, I got it..."you can always return it!"

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
alright, pics, just in time for 1/2 time!...Ok emptied tank again, and moved in against wall, to make sure, everything lines up!
bulkheads 007.jpg
masked off ceiling, so lighting can be laid out
bulkheads 009.jpg
and call me crazy, but I took apart one of my, brand new Solaris LED systems, and re-positioned the LED boards, so that no LEDs are blocked by the center braces
bulkheads 012.jpg
bulkheads 016.jpg

Attachments

• bulkheads 008.jpg
    bulkheads 008.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,373
Last edited:

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Wow, Didn't know you started to move forward with you build. It looks great like the wood trim on the right side of the tank is that the look you will be going forward with?

Keep the pics comming!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I would leave an open top design with a nice woodtrim around the top of the tank
Actually, that sounds like a good idea...I've been trying to figure out a way to have the hood and light rack, move out of the way...maybe it's best to go with JUST a movable light rack...the small 3-4" wood trim around the top, would be a nice touch, and block any 'extra' light. Thank you, Doctor!

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Actually, that sounds like a good idea...I've been trying to figure out a way to have the hood and light rack, move out of the way...maybe it's best to go with JUST a movable light rack...the small 3-4" wood trim around the top, would be a nice touch, and block any 'extra' light. Thank you, Doctor!
hey albano,
check out this rc thread, i got my moving light rack idea from him (very long threads, you may have to search around a bit.... but the build is phenomenal...plus the guy is very helpful, he answered all my questions on the light rack).

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1682267&page=12

090502.jpg

090501.jpg

the threads had split....here is the start of the light rack.... from page 7

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638966&page=7

track1.jpg
track2.jpg

track3.jpg

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
hey albano,
i got my moving light rack idea from him
track1.jpg
track2.jpg
Thanks Doc, I haven't seen that thread before, BUT, thats almost the exact set-up, I'm going to use...its the tracks and rollers for a pocket door! I just need to build an adjustable (height) frame, that can hold over 150 lbs. of lights and ballasts

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: