albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
did some work on light rack...solaris is TOO heavy for aluminum rack, have to re-build it with steel, also need to remove, and re-install ceiling light, that would interfere with rack
foxwood-light rail 006.jpg
foxwood-light rail 007.jpg
foxwood-light rail 005.jpg
Electricity has been off since 11AM today, just came back on at 4:10 PM...thank God for generators!
foxwood-light rail 009.jpg

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Last night, I moved and re-installed the ceiling light
foxwood-light rail 010.jpg
decided to stay with the aluminum light frame...but for stability/safety added 2 more tracks in center, and a top, cross bar to keep all 4 rollers aligned. (tracks will extend 5-6 ft. additional, to clear tank, outline on ceiling, is the dimensions of the tank)
foxwood-light rail 011.jpg
foxwood-light rail 013.jpg

tonight, I hope to build the T5 racks...1 set will be on the tracks, so as to move out of the way, when necessary, however, since it is very hard to do any work in the tank with NO light, I decided that the rear row of T5s will be able to stay over the tank, but I will mount them on a 'venetian blind' frame, so that I can raise them easily, out of the way, and still have light

Last edited:

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Alfie,

Lookin good!
Thank you, Sir

cant wait for the water to get in tank, need big naso and some angels swimming around in there to give it some life.

Slight Delay on adding water...been in Hospital since Friday night, (Heart problems), need additional hospital stay in 2-3 weeks, so I can not do any lifting or real work on tank for 5-6 weeks :mad:. I've already warned Doctors, that they must have me, back in shape, for the April Swap!

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
LMAO! at April swap deadline..Alfie, take it easy man..This tank is going to give me heart problems just following the thread and I havent even seen it in person! You've been working hard on it and it will pay off, but take it easy Alfie! All in due time! This tank is still tank of the year:trooper:, even with no water/ fish/ corals in it! Your 90% there. Take some time off.:tub:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Slight Delay on adding water...been in Hospital since Friday night, (Heart problems), need additional hospital stay in 2-3 weeks, so I can not do any lifting or real work on tank for 5-6 weeks :mad:. I've already warned Doctors, that they must have me, back in shape, for the April Swap!

+1 take care of yourself 1st. ditto on helping hands. i'm free most sundays, willing to help out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: