albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
electrician was over yesterday...will install separate circuit breaker box in sump room, with four 20A circuits, plus 2 add'l 20A circuits that will run off generator (for main pump, and heaters). This should make the system a lot easier to maintain. Having everything in the basement, MAY eliminate the need for the chiller, although I will have it plumbed in for now, JUST IN CASE!...and will end up being more energy efficient than what I've been running for the past few years. However, I think that I will need a larger dehumidifier, probably vented up 2 stories thru the attic.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
electrician was over yesterday...will install separate circuit breaker box in sump room, with four 20A circuits, plus 2 add'l 20A circuits that will run off generator (for main pump, and heaters). This should make the system a lot easier to maintain. Having everything in the basement, MAY eliminate the need for the chiller, although I will have it plumbed in for now, JUST IN CASE!...and will end up being more energy efficient than what I've been running for the past few years. However, I think that I will need a larger dehumidifier, probably vented up 2 stories thru the attic.

Alfie look into this it worked wonders for me.. dropped my humidity 15-20% and draws way less electricity(than a similiar sized humidifier) and brings in fresh air as well http://www.suncourt.com/Airiva.html I found that with an a/c going in the Summer and this my humidity levels where in the low to mid 40's and in the winter obviously is a non issue. If you do go for this get one size up from the recomended size.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Alfie look into this it worked wonders for me.. dropped my humidity 15-20% and draws way less electricity(than a similiar sized humidifier) and brings in fresh air as well http://www.suncourt.com/Airiva.html

Thanks Thane, that may be exactly, what I need! Gonna read-up on it tonight. I already have a vent in the ceiling, and a wall-chase thru a closet to the attic, so it would be an easy install. Did you buy it local?

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Thanks Thane, that may be exactly, what I need! Gonna read-up on it tonight. I already have a vent in the ceiling, and a wall-chase thru a closet to the attic, so it would be an easy install. Did you buy it local?

I bought it from http://www.climatedoctors.com/Air Exchangers/ I see that you will be at the swap....We will catch up there buddy....any questions feel free to call me.

CIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
albano;746793[I said:
I have a beach house in Sea Isle City, just south of there, ex.17 on GSP[/I]

I use to go there every year to escape from the jersey shore crowd. But the philly crowd is just as bad. :)

Can't wait to see this tank running.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I use to go there every year to escape from the jersey shore crowd. But the philly crowd is just as bad. :)
NO Comment...But, I will say, NEVER rent a beach house to Philly cops!...local police were there EVERY nite! (not for fun)

Absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.
COMING SOON, watch for our GRAND OPENING!....thanks for looking!

yeah alfie....where's the update. i've been waiting for the weekly report....lol.
SORRY DOC, here it is...worked on closed loop plumbing, 2 returns thru eductors, and 2 thru spray bars (above sand bed, below 'elevated' rockwork)
cl_001.jpg

cl_005.jpg

cl_004.jpg

Put 'fish guards' on overflows...:shhh: should have pics soon, of 'TOP SECRET' built in/hidden/telescopic frag racks

cl_007.jpg

Last edited:

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
nice plumbing works....are they all glued together already? very clean...no purple primer over runs.
ALRIGHT, you caught me!, pics were taken before glue, didn't want to use camera, after gluing!

Anyway...just made these disappearing/adjustable frag racks, which is under each (have 2) 24" corner overflow...each rack can hold 20-30 frags (fully extended), but my original idea, was to get certain frags to grow onto the overflow box. BTW, does anyone else see the 'ghost' of a red wrasse, next to the eductor in pic #4? Remember, this tank IS EMPTY!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• frag rack 004.jpg
    frag rack 004.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 808
  • frag rack 001.jpg
    frag rack 001.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 815
  • frag rack 003.jpg
    frag rack 003.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 811
  • frag rack 002.jpg
    frag rack 002.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 757
  • frag rack 005.jpg
    frag rack 005.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 808
  • frag rack 007.jpg
    frag rack 007.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 794

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: